Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 34 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
MSNBC host says vile things aboput Gov Palin

SO a guy who has his own show on MSNBC, said that Palin deserves to have someone deficate and urinate in her mouth. Look it up, that's what he said. This was not a moment where he temporariy lost control of himself, either. These were scripted remarks, read off a teleprompter, with graphics and text on the screen, menaing that the producer knew this was coming and gave it the green light.

The man has not been suspended nor fired. Neither MSNBC, nor NBC, have made any statement. The host apologized.

I thought it was my side that was waging "war on women" (despite the fact that liberal hero Ted Kennedy is the only one with a 'confirmed kill' in the war on women).

Where is the liberal outrage about women's rights? Where is NOW? Where is Gloria Allred rushing to defend Gov Palin?

It's also curious that Alec Balcwin (who also has a show on MSNBC) was suspended by the network for using a homosexual slur towards a photographer, and he did that on his free time, not on air. Seems a wee bit inconsistent to me. I can only conclude that NBC has no issue with what the man said.

Classy!
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Nice, real nice ! This is what it's coming to?
Desperation for an audience, any audience.
Why not Jerry Springer as an anchor man?

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Fly Rod
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Fly Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Gloucester Massachusetts
Posts: 2,678
Look at the person that said that....he is vile....comes from a country that hates women...treats them worse then cattle ...keeps them un educated.
Fly Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,680
Blog Entries: 1
he must be from the "gold Coast" then

Sarah is as SWEET as honey
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,435
Once you realize that cable news networks are geared towards entertainment and ratings based advertisement revenue you begin to realize that it's all a big joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys
iTrader: (0)
 
Jackbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Once you realize that cable news networks are geared towards entertainment and ratings based advertisement revenue you begin to realize that it's all a big joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Too bad 90% of Obama voters didn't realize that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Once you realize that cable news networks are geared towards entertainment and ratings based advertisement revenue you begin to realize that it's all a big joke.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The thing is, MSNBC doesn't get ratings. No one watches it, and they know that. So they aren't doing it for ratings, they are doing it purely for hate's sake. Directed, in this case, at a woman who has enough compassion and empathy to love and raise a child with Downs Syndrome. God knows that most liberal women would have made a different choice.

Palin has endured more viscious personal attacke sthan any politician in my lifetime, yet liberals claim to be the side that cares about women. These people have no shame, none whatsoever.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

Sarah is as SWEET as honey
Damn skippy she is. They used to have bumper stickers in Alaska that said "Alaska: coldest state, hottest governor".
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 9,462
[Quote=FlyRod] Look at the person that said that....he is vile....comes from a country that hates women...treats them worse then cattle ...keeps them un educated. [Quote]

The U.K.?

Bashir is a scum bag who stirs the pot on purpose. cant/wont watch his show or Al Sharptons, as I find they usually lack and real substance and focus on the noise of politics. I find Bashir condescending and a blind idealog. That being said, this is no worse than the crap that folks like Ann Coulter or Alex Jones, who probably have similar or larger audiences of influences than Bashir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Palin has endured more viscious personal attacke sthan any politician in my lifetime, yet liberals claim to be the side that cares about women. These people have no shame, none whatsoever.
Give me a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing break. wah, only the left says evil things. Nothing is EVER said bad about the current president, right? No one questions where he came from, or his motivations, or his hatred of his country? Palin is a grand-stander, period. She bailed out of her term as governor to make money, and hell, won't even go on O'Rielly b/c he might disagree with her and she'd have to defend her self.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Directed, in this case, at a woman who has enough compassion and empathy to love and raise a child with Downs Syndrome. God knows that most liberal women would have made a different choice.
Probably one of the most disrespectful thing you have ever said about liberals. You are right, most liberal women would have gone the infanticide route...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1022338][Quote=FlyRod] Look at the person that said that....he is vile....comes from a country that hates women...treats them worse then cattle ...keeps them un educated.
Quote:

The U.K.?

Bashir is a scum bag who stirs the pot on purpose. cant/wont watch his show or Al Sharptons, as I find they usually lack and real substance and focus on the noise of politics. I find Bashir condescending and a blind idealog. That being said, this is no worse than the crap that folks like Ann Coulter or Alex Jones, who probably have similar or larger audiences of influences than Bashir.



Give me a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing break. wah, only the left says evil things. Nothing is EVER said bad about the current president, right? No one questions where he came from, or his motivations, or his hatred of his country? Palin is a grand-stander, period. She bailed out of her term as governor to make money, and hell, won't even go on O'Rielly b/c he might disagree with her and she'd have to defend her self.




Probably one of the most disrespectful thing you have ever said about liberals. You are right, most liberal women would have gone the infanticide route...
"Give me a #^&#^&#^&#^&ing break. wah, only the left says evil things. Nothing is EVER said bad about the current president"

Excuse me, give me the break. I never, ever said that conservatives never stoop to that level. What I said, and I am correct, is that your side took mud-slinging to new heights (or depths, more accurately) with Sarah Palin. My favorite, they said that her Down's Syndrome child was not actually her child, but rather the child of her daughter. You tell me, when did conservatives use a mentally challenged child as club to beat their political opponents with? I'm all ears...They went after her clothes, her family, her children. I've never seen it before or since...

I deon't "question" Obama's loathing for what this country stands for, because there is no longer any quyestion about the issue...he hates what we stand for. His wife hates this country (not proud of it till he got the nomination), his spiritual mentor is a deranged lunatic who hates the country, and his political mentor (Bill Ayers) is a lunatic who clearly hates the country. I say that, I support it with irrefutable evidence, so it's not nearly as vile as going after a Downs Syndrome baby for Chrissakes.

I was not a Palin fan, by the way, not as a VP candidate. That said, the democrat attacks were dispicable (the personal and family attacks...questioning her abilities and policies is obviously fair game).

"She bailed out of her term as governor to make money, and hell, won't even go on O'Rielly b/c he might disagree with her "

Those are absolutely fair, legitimate criticisms.

"You are right, most liberal women would have gone the infanticide route... "

Damn right they would have., You deny that? Liberal women aren't more likely to choose abortion of a Downs syndrome baby than conservative women? You deny that? Really?

"Palin is a grand-stander, period"

Yes, that's why she chose to raise all of her kids without domestic help, because she is a grandstander. That's why she took on the challengs of raising a special needs child, one of the most difficult, gut-wrenching challenges in the entire human experience. she only took that on because she is a grandstander. When she got picked, she had the highest approval ratings of all 50 governors...that doesn't imply that she has any abilities, nope, she only got that ranking because of her grandstanding. Nothing more.

Is she a grandstander? Sure. Is that "all" she is? Hell, no.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1022338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod



Probably one of the most disrespectful thing you have ever said about liberals.
I want to be clear on this...if I say that a Downs syndrome fetus has abetter chance of survival if his mother is conservative rather than liberal...you disagree with that? You deny that liberal women are mor likely to choose abortion than conservative women? Please tell me, on what basis would you disagree with my statement?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys
iTrader: (0)
 
Jackbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central MA
Posts: 2,309
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1022349]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

I want to be clear on this...if I say that a Downs syndrome fetus has abetter chance of survival if his mother is conservative rather than liberal...you disagree with that? You deny that liberal women are mor likely to choose abortion than conservative women? Please tell me, on what basis would you disagree with my statement?
I think the argument is kind of off putting and in poor taste in general. The whole subject of abortion is extremely personal to many. To add a wrinkle like that is in poor taste. I agree with many of your view points but this is over the top.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I am the man in the Bassless Chaps
Jackbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
[QUOTE=Jackbass;1022353]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I think the argument is kind of off putting and in poor taste in general. The whole subject of abortion is extremely personal to many. To add a wrinkle like that is in poor taste. I agree with many of your view points but this is over the top.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I absolutely concede it's a touchy issue that strikes a nerve with many. What I think is more over the top, is a policial side that has no issue with using that little boy as a club to beat his mother with, just because she was polling well when she was first picked. She's not running for anything now, I can't see how she's a threat to liberalsim, but they still hate her, and 'hate' is an drastic understatement.

And if the pro-abortion crowd feels like they are being insulted when someone like me calls them pro-abortion, I cannot help but wonder...if they take that categorization as an insult, why do they support it? I feel clean and proud to be accurately categorized by my position on this issue. If I was ashamed of what I believed, I'd change my beliefs.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
[QUOTE=RIROCKHOUND;1022338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyRod
Bashir is a scum bag :
I agree with you, but this is about more than Bashir. He was not disciplined. Neither MSNBC nor NBC, as far as I know, has made any statement denouncing what Bashir said. There is only one way to interpret that, and that is that NBC isn't concerned with what he said. So NBC is tacitly coimplicit in this, if not explicitly complicit. NBC is a major, mainstream network. They paid this guy to make that statement.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #15
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,680
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Damn skippy she is. They used to have bumper stickers in Alaska that said "Alaska: coldest state, hottest governor".
I have Alaskan Tepee fantasy's about her ....
she's wearing nothing and rolled up in a polar bear rug
like a juicy burrito.... after sex we go Caribou hunting. lol
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,704
Jim, I know this will be hard but you really should try avoiding the word "they" as I'm not sure it means what you think it means.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,704
Jim,

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...n-remarks?lite

Without your outrage this would never have happened. I've heard up until this post they (the liberal illuminati) were considering him for knighthood.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim,

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...n-remarks?lite

Without your outrage this would never have happened. I've heard up until this post they (the liberal illuminati) were considering him for knighthood.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Apparently the MSNBC president considered him deserving of accolades. He thanked Bashir for 3 GREAT years at MSNBC. And he said that Bashir is a good man and a RESPECTED colleague, and wished him the Best.

I like reading the comments that often follow these articles. Those that followed this article, most of which I assume are viewers of MSNBC, reflected a similar type of vileness or ad hoc lack of critical thinking as Bashir's self-professed "ill-judged comments." After about 40 of them, It was enough, judging the quality of MSNBC viewers, to wonder if the whole network should resign.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Apparently the MSNBC president considered him deserving of accolades. He thanked Bashir for 3 GREAT years at MSNBC. And he said that Bashir is a good man and a RESPECTED colleague, and wished him the Best.

I like reading the comments that often follow these articles. Those that followed this article, most of which I assume are viewers of MSNBC, reflected a similar type of vileness or ad hoc lack of critical thinking as Bashir's self-professed "ill-judged comments." After about 40 of them, It was enough, judging the quality of MSNBC viewers, to wonder if the whole network should resign.
Bashir was angered that Palin compared debt to slavery. Apparently, it's OK for Bashir to use a slavery analogy when denouncing George Bush. It's OK for Bashir to do it, but not Palin, got it...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...He-Be-Promoted
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #20
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,680
Blog Entries: 1
he might have been the sacrificial lamb where they planned
the whole derogatory flaming of SWEET_heart Sarah
to silence her mouth ( ie credibility) and Bashir already had plans to leave.
it appears the presidential campaign is in full swing of sh_ it eating
and mud slinging
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim,

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...n-remarks?lite

Without your outrage this would never have happened. I've heard up until this post they (the liberal illuminati) were considering him for knighthood.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What I said, and I was correct, was that neither MSNBC, nor NBC, publicly denounced what he said. Yet those networks perpetuate the myth that my side is waging a war on women.

Spin that however you like.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Apparently the MSNBC president considered him deserving of accolades. He thanked Bashir for 3 GREAT years at MSNBC. And he said that Bashir is a good man and a RESPECTED colleague, and wished him the Best.

I like reading the comments that often follow these articles. Those that followed this article, most of which I assume are viewers of MSNBC, reflected a similar type of vileness or ad hoc lack of critical thinking as Bashir's self-professed "ill-judged comments." After about 40 of them, It was enough, judging the quality of MSNBC viewers, to wonder if the whole network should resign.
Detbuch is correct, the statement by MSNBC is exactly what you would expect if Bashir retired at the top of his game. Not one word of apology for the repugnant bile that passes for reasoned commentary at the asylum known as MSNBC.

"wonder if the whole network should resign"

As ugly as that network is, they get no ratings, so they do no real damage. The nightime lineup is one freak show after another.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #23
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,680
Blog Entries: 1
the FIRST two letters of this PARTICULAR NETWORK

tells you ALL you need to Know
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
What I said, and I was correct, was that neither MSNBC, nor NBC, publicly denounced what he said. Yet those networks perpetuate the myth that my side is waging a war on women.

Spin that however you like.
Have you actually watched the video? It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting considering your hissy fit.

Over the top, yes, but it's only noteworthy because Palin is female.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #25
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Have you actually watched the video? It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting considering your hissy fit.

Over the top, yes, but it's only noteworthy because Palin is female.

-spence
It seems most irrelevant things are noteworthy only based on gender( unless your a heterosexual male)
Race ( unless your white) or religion ( unless your Christian)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Have you actually watched the video? It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting considering your hissy fit.

Over the top, yes, but it's only noteworthy because Palin is female.

-spence
It's noteworthy because...

(1) Bashir claims that the other side is waging a war on women. Kind of ironic given the way he treated Gov Palin.

(2) Bashir took offense to the fact that Palin compared debt to slavery. Yet Bashir used the slavery analogy to denounce a Bush policy. Kind of ironic when you htink of it.

(3) NBC has made no comment.

It was beneath contempt, but not unexpected from those hatemongers.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1) Bashir claims that the other side is waging a war on women. Kind of ironic given the way he treated Gov Palin.
Wow are you out of touch...

Quote:
(2) Bashir took offense to the fact that Palin compared debt to slavery. Yet Bashir used the slavery analogy to denounce a Bush policy. Kind of ironic when you htink of it.
This???

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...He-Be-Promoted



Quote:
(3) NBC has made no comment.
They kicked him out the door, don't think he left on his own. That's quite a statement.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #28
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wow are you out of touch...



This???

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...He-Be-Promoted




They kicked him out the door, don't think he left on his own. That's quite a statement.

-spence
Detbuch posted what the bigshots at MSNBC said about him. What a great job he did. Not one syllable about what he said. Zip..

"Wow are you out of touch..."

OK, you deny that liberals claim conservatives are waging a war on women. You deny that, and I am the one who is out of touch. Is that about right?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #29
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Detbuch posted what the bigshots at MSNBC said about him. What a great job he did. Not one syllable about what he said. Zip..
It's called allowing a somewhat graceful exit after an awkward moment.

Quote:
OK, you deny that liberals claim conservatives are waging a war on women. You deny that, and I am the one who is out of touch. Is that about right?
Again you abuse the concept of "they". A remark by one person doesn't constitute "liberals". You're mixing up your singular and plural.

Perhaps your grammar is a bad as your math

Also, you ignored my video link.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:22 AM   #30
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,680
Blog Entries: 1
lets bash Bashir
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com