Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,697
When is Jim in NJ

Going to open up about the vile behavior of New Jersey Republicans and white wash the entire party in the process?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Jimbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Robbinsville, NJ
Posts: 1,500
I'm pretty sure you don't mean me. I can't compete in this forum on any topic. However, I wouldn't stick up for the aides responsible. With out a doubt some of the stupidest people on earth, thinking inappropriate emails sent to/from prominent state officials wouldn't sometime come back to bite them in the a$$ let alone incriminate them.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
I'm sure Jim started a thread on the IRS scandal and blamed Pres Obama for the actions of some mid-level IRS agent, half way across the country (who was conserv. and targeted groups from both sides of the political spectrum) while he makes excuses for Gov. Christie's aide and childhood friend.

One of many quotes that made me laugh was when he said he wasn't a bully. I'm wondering if the people he has challenged to a fight would agree.

As an aside, I don't think Christie had anything to do with this.

Last edited by PaulS; 01-09-2014 at 03:52 PM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
basswipe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
basswipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: RI
Posts: 5,528
An atypical response.

Its an election year and Christie's contemplating a run in '16 and there's a "scandal",imagine that!

You guys are #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pathetic.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Spence, if Christie was a Democrat, every single person here knows you'd be bending over backwards to defend him.

I'm more fair than that. If Christie had no first-hand knowledgs of what happened, he still deserves to catch a lot of heat, because the buck stops with him. If he did know, and I presume that he did, he deserves to be impeached. FAIR ENOUGH?

I'd say that what Christie did is slightly more appalling than Obama's closing the open-air WWII memorial, and other un-manned parks, during the shutdown. Both are cases of causing unnecessary stress, to innocent bystanders, for political motives (you will never admit Obama had political reasons for erecting barracades around open air parks). Spence, we all know that you endlessly defended that, as you are physically incapable of saying anything critical of your man-crush.

On these forums, I have, on occasion, lambasted conservatives when they have it coming. I have also stated that I believe conservatives are wrong on some issues like gay marriage and gun control.

That makes me more fair-minded than you are capable of ever being. Spence, I am not the right-wing equivalent of you, not even close, I'm not nearly as radically right as you are left. Not even remotely close. You're a liberal parrot. So please don't ever accuse me of being as blind and as brainwashed and thoughtless and as simple-minded and as predictable as you are. If you can't think for yourself, perhaps you can at least strive for a shred of intellectual honesty here. Is that really asking so much?

Obviously I'm right-leaning. However, you are the fanatic here, not me.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-09-2014 at 05:04 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
An atypical response.

Its an election year and Christie's contemplating a run in '16 and there's a "scandal",imagine that!

You guys are #^&#^&#^&#^&ing pathetic.
It is a legitimate scandal. Ambulances were late responding to calls, precisely because of the lane closures. Public servents have no business engaging in that kind of vindictive behavior. If Christie's team is pissed at the Fort Lee mayor, why not target their anger at him, instead of dragging all of the citizens into it. Christie is their governor, too, he is supposed to look out for them.

It's a real scandal. What's phony is the liberal outrage to this behavior, when those same liberals (read: Spence and everyone at MSNBC) refuse to criticize any Democrat for equally repugnant behavior. But the conservatives, unlike liberals, believe in family values, and we need to practice what we preach.

I cannot believe Christie would do something so asinine.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm sure Jim started a thread on the IRS scandal and blamed Pres Obama for the actions of some mid-level IRS agent, half way across the country (who was conserv. and targeted groups from both sides of the political spectrum) .
I have a hunch your facts are a bit mixed up here. I could be wrong, but I think the IRS was targeting conservatives, the IRS was not equally targeting conservatives and liberals.

And the person leading the Justice Department probe into the IRS scandal, is an Obama donor. Shocking.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I'm pretty sure you don't mean me.
Innocent.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have a hunch your facts are a bit mixed up here. I could be wrong, but I think the IRS was targeting conservatives, the IRS was not equally targeting conservatives and liberals.

And the person leading the Justice Department probe into the IRS scandal, is an Obama donor.

Shocking.
There were far more cons groups then lib. groups who applied.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
There were far more cons groups then lib. groups who applied.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Is there any evidence that liberal groups were targeted specifically for their political beliefs?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #11
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Bump up the thread that I'm sure you started and we could rehash the things which were already discussed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Bump up the thread that I'm sure you started and we could rehash the things which were already discussed.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Seems to me that you are the one who initiated the rehashing of the IRS scandal, if you read the posts in this thread. I'm just responding to your accusation. If you used this thread to comment on the IRS scandal, I fail to see why I can't do the same.

I don't know if I started one. I don't think liberal groups were complaining that the IRS was targeting them specifically for their political beliefs. I have heard Obama apologize for the fact that the IRS was targeting conservatives.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #13
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, if Christie was a Democrat, every single person here knows you'd be bending over backwards to defend him.


That makes me more fair-minded than you are capable of ever being. Spence, I am not the right-wing equivalent of you, not even close, I'm not nearly as radically right as you are left. Not even remotely close. .

I'm sure that he would be defending him but the difference is that he doesn't start threads every time he sees something that he doesn't like than state that all repubs. are like that as you do. Finally he doesn't resort to insults as you frequently do.

Is there any wonder this forum has lost so many members since you started posting? I always wonder if you speak like that when you're face to face with people.

I did get a laugh at that last comment though,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm sure that he would be defending him but the difference is that he doesn't start threads every time he sees something that he doesn't like than state that all repubs. are like that as you do. Finally he doesn't resort to insults as you frequently do.

Is there any wonder this forum has lost so many members since you started posting? I always wonder if you speak like that when you're face to face with people.

I did get a laugh at that last comment though,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Paul: The IRS didn't single out conservatives, they persecuted liberals too.

Jim: Do you have any facts to support that?

Paul: Everyone is leaving this forum because of you, you big meanie!

Do I have that about right, Paul? Is that what transpired here?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-09-2014 at 06:48 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I did get a laugh at that last comment though,
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
My last comment was that Obama apologized for the IRS scandal, and that's funny to you? Well, as usual (not always, but usually) my facts seem to be correct. A quote from Obama...

"If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that is outrageous, and there is no place for it, and they have to be held fully accountable, because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity and people have to have confidence that they are applying the laws in a non-partisan way. You should feel that way regardless of party."

Paul, you denied that the IRS targeted conservative groups. Obama himself doesn't seem to be denying that, so why would you deny it?

Sorry for being so mean...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #16
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Is that what happened?

No, I don't think you are a meanie. I would say you are something else but since I can't say it to your face I won't say it.k
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #17
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
My last comment was that Obama apologized for the IRS scandal, and that's funny to you? Well, as usual (not always, but usually) my facts seem to be correct. A quote from Obama...

"If, in fact, IRS personnel engaged in the kind of practices that have been reported on and were intentionally targeting conservative groups, then that is outrageous, and there is no place for it, and they have to be held fully accountable, because the IRS as an independent agency requires absolute integrity and people have to have confidence that they are applying the laws in a non-partisan way. You should feel that way regardless of party."

Paul, you denied that the IRS targeted conservative groups. Obama himself doesn't seem to be denying that, so why would you deny it?

Sorry for being so mean...
No, the last comment was that you think you are fair minded, The irs targeted both lib and cons groups. More cons groups where targeted as there were more applying. While no conservative groups where denied NP status they were given extra scrutiny.

Where did I deny that the Irs targeted cons. groups?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
No, the last comment was that you think you are fair minded, The irs targeted both lib and cons groups. More cons groups where targeted as there were more applying. While no conservative groups where denied NP status they were
given extra scrutiny.

Where did I deny that the Irs cons. groups?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Paul, you said Obama's IRS targeted both sides. I asked for proof. You responded with insults.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #19
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Paul, you said Obama's IRS targeted both sides. I asked for proof. You responded with insults.
Just following your lead.

I just did a google search on "liberal groups targeted by the irs" and the articles said the irs used the terms emerge and Acorn - just as they used the term progressive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM   #20
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just following your lead.

I just did a google search on "liberal groups targeted by the irs" and the articles said the irs used the terms emerge and Acorn - just as they used the term progressive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
No, he's trying to deflect.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just following your lead.

I just did a google search on "liberal groups targeted by the irs" and the articles said the irs used the terms emerge and Acorn - just as they used the term progressive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So why hasn't ACORN complained about being targeted?

Spence was right to bring up Christie, and I'm glad he did, because I'd be one heck of a hypocrite if I didn't criticize him. If he knew about this, he is unfit to be POTUS. So is a woman who lied about being shot at in Kosovo when she knows damn well that never happened.

A fine state of affairs when that's our choice. I did like Christie before this. I still agree with him on the issues, but we need someone with some ethics.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, he's trying to deflect.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
<Sigh>. What exactly am I trying to deflect here, Spence? I said that if Christie knew about this, he should be impeached.

I'll also say this...within 24 hours of the story breaking, Christie had people fired, and said that even though he didn't know about this, it's his fault because the buck stops with him.

Has Obama ever stepped up like that? Is that how Obama handled the IRS scandal, or the failed stimulus (which he promised would keep unemployment under 8%), or the website disaster, or Benghazi? It was refreshing, at least, that Christie didn't blame George Bush.

I want this investigated, and if it turns out Christie ordered this, he should get impeached, and possibly charged with a crime. Ambulances couldn't get where they were trying to go because of this. Lives were put at risk, all for political spite. I want my side to be better than that. If he ordered this, he's unfit for public service.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-10-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #23
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I want this investigated, and if it turns out Christie ordered this, he should get impeached, and possibly charged with a crime. Ambulances couldn't get where they were trying to go because of this. Lives were put at risk, all for political spite. I want my side to be better than that. If he ordered this, he's unfit for public service.
I agree Jim, hard to believe such infantile behavior would come directly from Christie.
But if it did, he needs to have his head examined.
Having been a Prosecutor knowing the consequences and facing an election it doesn't make sense.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I agree Jim, hard to believe such infantile behavior would come directly from Christie.
But if it did, he needs to have his head examined.
Having been a Prosecutor knowing the consequences and facing an election it doesn't make sense.
Maybe he forgot which party he's in, because if he were a Democrat, we wouldn't be talking about this.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,435
[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1028099]<Sigh>. What exactly am I trying to deflect here, Spence?

QUOTE]

if you want to "deflect" you could refer to anyone who criticizes Christie and the goings on in his administration as "haters"...who are full of vile hate, motivated by extremist tendencies and probably also bigots who hate fat people who can't help being who they are and then you could make condescending remarks about how the " Christie haters and bigots" are incapable of "thinking", inject a lot of meaningless phrases and unsubstantiated "facts" that for you pass as "thinking" and then mock and ridicule the "haters and bigots" who point out the lunacy of your distortion of "facts" and the obvious flaws in your "thinking"and then disappear for a while only to pop up on another thread doing and saying essentially the same thing once again....

I think that's how it works
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
[QUOTE=scottw;1028234]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
<Sigh>. What exactly am I trying to deflect here, Spence?

QUOTE]

if you want to "deflect" you could refer to anyone who criticizes Christie and the goings on in his administration as "haters"...who are full of vile hate, motivated by extremist tendencies and probably also bigots who hate fat people who can't help being who they are and then you could make condescending remarks about how the " Christie haters and bigots" are incapable of "thinking", inject a lot of meaningless phrases and unsubstantiated "facts" that for you pass as "thinking" and then mock and ridicule the "haters and bigots" who point out the lunacy of your distortion of "facts" and the obvious flaws in your "thinking"and then disappear for a while only to pop up on another thread doing and saying essentially the same thing once again....

I think that's how it works
I think you're right. The Christie detractor are a bunch of anti-chubby bigots who can't see that Christie was trying to help the environment by getting people to walk to work.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #27
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Maybe he forgot which party he's in, because if he were a Democrat, we wouldn't be talking about this.
C

Seems about right being NBC, CBS and MSNBC spent something like 17 X more time
on the Christie scandal in the first 24 hours than they spent in one year on the IRS Scandal.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #28
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,697
You guys are funny. Here's Christie in a pickle and you just can't help but make it about Obama. I should trademark "Benghazi" as I'd make a fortune.

Records being released make it seem impossible Christie isn't lying about his knowledge, even if he didn't have a hand in the actual event.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:23 PM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You guys are funny. Here's Christie in a pickle and you just can't help but make it about Obama. I should trademark "Benghazi" as I'd make a fortune.

Records being released make it seem impossible Christie isn't lying about his knowledge, even if he didn't have a hand in the actual event.

-spence
The conservatives here seem to have concluded that Christie deserves whatever heat he takes. When did you say that about Obama? When the stimulus failed to keep unemployment under 8%? After Benghazi? After the IRS scandal? After the Obamacare website disaster? Answer: nope.

Spence, you began this thread with the assumption that I was a hypocrite who would point out liberal flaws, but give Christie a pass. Clearly you were mistaken, yet again.

Spence, there is one, and only one, ideological fanatic here who refuses to criticize his own party no matter what. That could not be more clear. It is demonstrably true.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #30
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The conservatives here seem to have concluded that Christie deserves whatever heat he takes. When did you say that about Obama? When the stimulus failed to keep unemployment under 8%? After Benghazi? After the IRS scandal? After the Obamacare website disaster? Answer: nope.

Spence, you began this thread with the assumption that I was a hypocrite who would point out liberal flaws, but give Christie a pass. Clearly you were mistaken, yet again.

Spence, there is one, and only one, ideological fanatic here who refuses to criticize his own party no matter what. That could not be more clear. It is demonstrably true.
Benghazi happened just as originally described. There was no coverup. The ties to al Qaeda were fabricated by a corrupt journalist to sell a story, which the GOP ate up with great delight. That is, unless my facts are wrong.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com