Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 02-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Finaddict

Unresponsive Dr. ...

So, I have been seeing this particular doctor for a particular health management care for close to 14 years ... he has always been very responsive and always provided great insight ... top of his field ...

... however, as with most doctors ... his time has become tighter and tighter ... office visits now at most are 5-10 minutes, if I am lucky 15 minutes ...

... but as part of my care, he provides me with a number of prescriptions ... never a problem with having them refilled in a timely manner, although is office is known to be slow to respond, but never so slow as to present problems for me ... until recently, one script that I need to be refilled he has not responded to requests from the pharmacy (at least twice) ... nor to two voice messages I have left ...

... so aside from switching doctors, which I may do (although he is the best north of Boston) ... what channels does one have for this kind of thing?

We are all busy, so that is BS ... is it worth pursuing a complaint to a local medical board? Or do I have to just suck it up and move on?

I will be honest, I want a pound or 20 of flesh on this, maybe more ... I'm pissed ... it's ridiculous.

... this has nothing to do with politics ... but appreciate any thoughts or advice you guys may have ... thanks.

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Redsoxticket

Obtain your medication every 90 days instead of the typical 30 day. This may require changing your pharmacy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Redsoxticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
seabuggy

Doctors rarely respond to script renewals, etc. personally. They have people to do so for them. Sounds like your complaint is with his staff. If he is good and you have confidence in him, try to get to him in person. Looking for a new doc is tough. Most of the good ones will not accept new patients. You really have to check out the ones that will.
seabuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
Finaddict

Yeah ... good advice from both of you ... Thanks

"It was the blackest night! There was no moon in sight! (You know the stars ain't shinnin cause the sky's too tight) "
Finaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
You think things with doctors is bad now, give it a few years from now with this Obamacare !
But on the bright side as Nitwit Nance Pelosi said.
"Waiting for hrs on end at the emergency room , you will make new friends".
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I switched docs after twenty years with a guy who is a self-absorbed P O S. Have been with this new gal in Weymouth for over two years, she has been my mothers doctor for 25 years. When I went in to the office to setup my first appointment for a physical they thought I was mistaken about who was going to be my physician, because she hasn't taken a new patient in ten years. Extremely lucky for my wife and I to be there with her. When I see her she personally checks her computor and updates my scrpits herself, herself. She has called me at 9:30 p.m. to discuss blood tests she was concerned about. I went from a horse doctor that was masquerading as an m.d. to the most caring person that one could find in medicine. Find someone who cares, maybe the RAVEN.
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #7
Raven

on the one hand you have The number of Doctors shrinking
mostly because of malpractice insurance and it has become
less profitable to go into medicine considering education costs.

On the other hand the better Doctors become over saturated with Patients.
some have as many as 3500 in total and like any drug pusher
that's allot of clients to deal with.....

When you turn over your prescription to a larger pharmacy operation
located in say WEGMANS or WALMART ect.. instead of a pharmacy chain like cvs
SERVICE increases dramatically and they will do ALL the leg work for you in transferring
over all of your medical information
and there are substantial savings too!

Just a suggestion
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote