Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Computers

Computers Sidetrack to Computers, Questions on your home computer? Posting just for registered members....

Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
JamesJet

TV to Computer

Anyone out there have shows on their TV then successfully digitize them for saving for later use? I have a mac, and see there is some hardware out there that will do it but hoping for some first hand replies. I feel like I posted this before and cant seem to find it? If so sorry for the aged double post, or maybe I am juts going crazy.
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
iamskippy

James not sure i understand your question. Are you watching live tv or are they recorded?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
JamesJet

Hey Skip,

Hope all is well, we haven't caught up in a while. Basically I have some shows saved on my DVR (could be live too I guess) that I want to store on my computer and then delete from DVR. It would serve two purposes, allow me to watch when on flights/traveling AND more importantly save for a long team without taking space on the DVR. I have quite a few reference material type shows I like and want to keep them and or watch remotely for when I make a recipe or some woodworking tips and tricks depending on the type of program it is.

I did some searching and there seems to be some hardware that plugs from your TV outputs and somehow changes the file format and allows it to be captured by a computer. I also saw those with video cameras can essentially run it through one and do the same.

Thanks
JamesJet is offline   Reply With Quote