Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 10-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #1
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

WTB Trailer Brackets for PVC Posts

Hello all...

Wondering if anyone has any Trailer guide brackets for PVC posts hanging around, maybe on an old trailer or simply sitting in a bucket somewhere???

I'm still going thru trailer lights like no tomorrow and surrendered to just mounting them out of the dang water all together. Figure I'll feed the wire up the post and be done with it.

I haven't tried the LED submersibles, but figure if I just keep the lights out of the water, problem solved?

Posted here and Classifieds for more exposure. >>sorry for the double-post>>

Thanks ~

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
niko

For next year I'm gonna mount the lights on little pvc posts and put them in the rear rod holders. Keep the wires and fixtures out of the water all together. Went through 2 sets of lights this year
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

That's the set up I had on my 13' er, worked great. Never felt the saltwater, never had a problem....never.

Just put my 3rd set of lights on today. Gobbed em' up with the di-electric grease like I did with the last one....last set did last a while, but that was that. Some guys shared their experience with LED, but figure instead of investing in that, I should just keep them out of the water all together.

Bracket with PVC can serve dual purpose, run lights up the pole and help me out on windy days?

Old 11-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #4
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Just purchased the brackets online, pvc posts that came with it are too short but I had some laying around that will fit great
Also getting the pole lights...
Not sure how I'm going to handle the plate lighting though, I believe MA law requires the plate to be lit

Probably leave the plate where it is and zip tie a candle to it....and then drive like the wind!!!

Wish I'd a done this to begin with. The money and time I've wasted on my lights over the last couple of years would have paid for all this $hit already -

I'll probably be saying I should have gone LED-submersible 3 years from now and complaining about this money!!!

Old 11-19-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloocrab View Post

I'll probably be saying I should have gone LED-submersible 3 years from now and complaining about this money!!!
No doubt,,,, can't remember for sure but think I've got 3 seasons on the led and they have spent a lot of time under water,,,, keeps on ticking :-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote