Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-24-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Wikileaks emails DNC

http://observer.com/2016/07/wikileak...ned-democracy/

Wikileaks Proves Primary Was Rigged: DNC Undermined Democracy
20,000 freshly leaked emails reveal resentful disdain toward Sanders, as party favored Clinton long before any votes were cast

Also now the Chair won't be speaking

So they even questioned Sanders religion :

the media bias is predictable on this with stories way back inside papers, but most are covering it well

I'm not sure how supporters don't see this as a fix, but will deflect and say the Russians hacked them and want Trump which has nothing to do with the actual fact they wanted HRC not Sanders. It makes me question the election in November.

this was 2 days ago, I know there are more stories about it now

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
spence

Rigged? I think it's been known the DNC was in it for Clinton for about 2 years now.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Bernie never had a chance, he had an uphill battle

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3452391/posts

lots of good reading here

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Rigged.... I think it's been known the DNC was in it for Clinton for about 2 years now.
fixed it
Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
spence

Most of this stuff is pretty boring. PR people trying to place news stories? Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Most of this stuff is pretty boring. PR people trying to place news stories? Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa.
I bet Bernie and his supporters think differently. Looking forward to hearing the head of the DNC's address to the delegation. You ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-24-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
I bet Bernie and his supporters think differently. Looking forward to hearing the head of the DNC's address to the delegation. You ?
I never liked Debbie Wasserman Schultz to begin with so glad to see her go. While the whole thing is certainly an embarrassment to some I've yet to see anything really that damning. At this point Sanders isn't going to do anything to help Trump.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
buckman

[QUOTE=spence;1104906]I never liked Debbie Wasserman Schultz to begin with so glad to see her go. While the whole thing is certainly an embarrassment to some I've yet to see anything really that damning. At this point Sanders isn't going to do anything to help Trump.[/QUOTE

I'm not sure why you dislike her, as you two see eye to eye on just about everything about Hillary or the direction you would like to see the country go . Maybe a mirror would help .
It's amazing how little "damning " you see when it comes to the far left . Trump and Bernie supporters have one thing in common , they want some serious change . it's a rigged system so it probably will never happen without some serious revolution .
Old 07-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #9
ecduzitgood
time to go

I am sure the subtitles in English will give the Democratic National Convention a warm patriotic feel.
(You probably won't hear this one)
Dios bendigo America!
Old 07-24-2016, 04:55 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I am sure the subtitles in English will give the Democratic National Convention a warm patriotic feel.
(You probably won't hear this one)
Dios bendigo America!
Amazing.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Just like the superdelegates, more evidence that this party cares little about democracy, and everything about winning. In the southern (religious) states, there were emails exchanged by DNC staff, to paint him as an atheist instead of a Jew, hoping that would hurt him in he primaries. The DNC was sabotaging his campaign, trying to hurt his campaign.

Ah, those inclusive, tolerant Democrats. The anti-sanders campaign (which wasserman Schultz denied existed) was probably called "operation dirty Jew bastard".

It is so sweet watching Wasserman Shultz get what she so richly deserves. What the hell is Bernie going to say tomorrow? Is he going to ignore this?

And Hilary will complain about a rigged capitalist system, where insiders look out for each other and screw the little guy in the process.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Wait til the stuff comes out about the foundation next

Old 07-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
Jim in CT

And now, Hilary (you know, the one who doesn't like a rigged game) has given Deb Wasserman Shultz a leadership role in her post-convention campaign.

No quid pro quo there.

Bill meets with the AG. 5 minutes later, it's announced that Hilary isn't getting indicted. 5 minutes after that, the Hilary campaign says they would consider keeping Loretta Lynch on as AG.

Deb Waserman Shultz is caught with her thumb on the scale in Hilarys favor. 5 minutes later, Hilary rewards her with a plumb role.

No cronyism there. Nope.

And why the hell is Michael Brown's mother speaking? Is she a victim? What's the matter, OJ Simpson's mother wasn't available? Any widows of slain police officers going to speak?

If you think officer Wilson (who according to the DOJ did nothing wrong, yet his career is ruined) is the victim here, you are a conservative. If you think the mother of the would-be cop killer is the victim, you are a liberal. It's that simple.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:20 AM   #14
scottw

remarkable isn't it ?....that Hillary, as candidate, is so bereft of ethics, so morally bankrupt, so seemingly incompetent while preening superiority ...... so representative of all that is currently wrong with American politics...can somehow make a bizarre, and albeit frightening, character like Trump almost look more appealing when a choice is required......

this will be the most memorable election of our lifetimes and I suspect it going to leave quite a mark.....

let the games begin...please Philadelphia, DNC, rabble rousers, rent-a-mobs, professional protesters....don't disappoint us
Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
remarkable isn't it ?....
It is. Hilary will decry those (in the GOP, that is) who are insiders who benefit from a rigged game. She is rewarding the woman (using that term very loosely) who subverted democracy and put her thumb on the scale for Hilary. The mother of a would-be cop killer is giving a speaking role, and I presume that the text of her speech isn't going to be "How Not To Raise Your Children".

8 cops have been slaughtered by assassins this month. Any of their widows going to speak? No. Just the mom of another would-be cop killer. I hear Abu Mumia Jamal's mother was sadly unavailable.

Let the democratic convention, aka abortion-pallooza, begin! The platform is moving beyond the demonstrably false and mildly offensive...it's almost satanic.

And she will clobber Trump, I think. And here in my state of CT, the Dems will get 99.8% of the vote.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #16
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

The mother of a would-be cop killer is giving a speaking role, and I presume that the text of her speech isn't going to be "How Not To Raise Your Children".

And she will clobber Trump, I think. And here in my state of CT, the Dems will get 99.8% of the vote.
I didn't know about that, is she going to wear a "hands up don't shoot" tee shirt?......Spence was appalled that the Reps had a Benghazi Mom up there....but I suppose this makes sense to him...because Trump and the repubs are probably responsible for what happened to her son

I don't know about Trump being clobbered, he definitely inspires his movement while Hillary inspires no one....he's certainly polling better than any repub I can recall at this point in an election and the dems are tearing themselves apart and only getting started, I don't know that they can unify behind someone like H....
Old 07-25-2016, 05:53 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
I didn't know about that, is she going to wear a "hands up don't shoot" tee shirt?......Spence was appalled that the Reps had a Benghazi Mom up there....but I suppose this makes sense to him...because Trump and the repubs are probably responsible for what happened to her son

I don't know about Trump being clobbered, he definitely inspires his movement while Hillary inspires no one....he's certainly polling better than any repub I can recall at this point in an election and the dems are tearing themselves apart and only getting started, I don't know that they can unify behind someone like H....
The electoral map is challenging for the GOP in presidential elections. Trump could win 47% of the vote but suffer an electoral landslide. When you can't compete in NY or CA, that means you almost have to sweep all of the swing states, and that's a tall order post-Bush. And the demographics are changing, FL could soon be off the table for the GOP, and then we almost don't need to bother with elections.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:28 AM   #18
wdmso

So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat

but again facts dont matter only 1 or 2 emails obtained illegally
Old 07-25-2016, 06:30 AM   #19
wdmso

So the RNC has always been for Trump they never sided with a certain candidate and gave him a fair shake

popular vote clinton sander
RCP Total - 15,805,136 12,029,699 Clinton +3,775,437

trump cruz kasich
Popular Vote Total - 13,300,472 7,637,262 4,165,281

rubio
3,481,610 Trump +5,663,210

the person with the most votes won in both partys ... thats how it works

So 27,834.835 voted in the Dem primaries

28,584.544 voted in GOP primaries looks like a dead heat

Again Facts dont matter just 1 or 2 emails illegal obtained it all the right needs to feed their delusions
Old 07-25-2016, 06:38 AM   #20
scottw

things don't always turn out the way you think...Hill thought she had it planned and figured out vs Obama and look what happened....there are more people hurting than the media will let you know or the dems will acknowledge and tremendous tension mostly fuels by primarily dems and their constituencies which is a little backward for a party currently in control of the Whitehouse, no matter how they forge and tout numbers...they can't avoid reality and it's hard to blame republicans when hope and change had had his way for two terms....according to RCP...70% still believe the country is on the wrong track...not good for someone guaranteed to keep the train running on that same track or maintaining status quo....I heard she tried to pick someone dumber than Biden for VP to make her look smarter...but they couldn't find anyone
Old 07-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #21
ecduzitgood
time to go

Hillary has it in the bag just like Obama did.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...illegal-votes/
Old 07-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
things don't always turn out the way you think...Hill thought she had it planned and figured out vs Obama and look what happened....there are more people hurting than the media will let you know or the dems will acknowledge and tremendous tension mostly fuels by primarily dems and their constituencies which is a little backward for a party currently in control of the Whitehouse, no matter how they forge and tout numbers...they can't avoid reality and it's hard to blame republicans when hope and change had had his way for two terms....according to RCP...70% still believe the country is on the wrong track...not good for someone guaranteed to keep the train running on that same track or maintaining status quo....I heard she tried to pick someone dumber than Biden for VP to make her look smarter...but they couldn't find anyone
"things don't always turn out the way you think."

Agreed, and she's not creaming him in the polls in the swing states, not anymore. This won't help.

"there are more people hurting than the media will let you know or the dems will acknowledge "

Agreed 100%. But every TV station except one, will blame that entirely on the GOP. That's a challenging, but not insurmountable, handicap to overcome. And I don't think Trump is the guy to 'prosecute' the Dems for actually being overwhelmingly responsible. It's not a very difficult case to make that liberalism, at least their economic ideas, are insane. But it might be too much to ask of Donald, who instead will fly off the handle and say stupid things that Hilary will fairly use against him. Anyone else could annihilate her in a debate with nothing but facts. We chose to nominate the one guy who may not have the temperament to pull that off, so we deserve the outcome.

"they can't avoid reality "

That's almost ALL THEY DO, and they do it extremely well. For example, the reality is, people who are pro-life, come to that conclusion because we have empathy for the baby. But I have never heard a liberal give us credit for that. All they do, is avoid reality and say that we are anti-women and anti-choice. It bears no resemblance to reality. But that's what they do, and it works. They have to avoid reality, because if you look at their platform through a lens of honesty and reality, it looks laughably stupid. I don't think it's possible to be thoughtful or honest and be liberal, precisely because liberalism is so at odds with reality.

"70% still believe the country is on the wrong track"

But unlike the crash of 2008, today, people don't blame our lousy landscape of the party of the sitting president. Obama's approval ratings aren't that bad. Why Bush got blamed for the crash in 2008 but Obama gets a pass for our current woes, is beyond me.

She picked another phony Catholic who has a perfect abortion voting record by NARAL.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:33 AM   #23
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

but again facts dont matter only 1 or 2 emails obtained illegally
Were they on Hillary's email server?

Sorry I could not resist.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again Facts dont matter just 1 or 2 emails illegal obtained it all the right needs to feed their delusions
Where do you get 1 or 2 emails? It's thousands. There is an email from the DNC chair of the northwest, calling the outreach to latino voters, "operation taco bowl". But my side is biased against Hispanics.

Doe sit matter that the emails were obtained illegally? That's more important than undermining the democratic process, and using Sanders' religion against him?

And the obvious quid pro quo. Shultz helps Hilary...Hilary gives her a huge role in the campaign. Then Hilary will complain that the country is rigged by insiders. OK.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
And the obvious quid pro quo. Shultz helps Hilary...Hilary gives her a huge role in the campaign. Then Hilary will complain that the country is rigged by insiders. OK.
Where did you get the idea she was given a huge role in the campaign?
Old 07-25-2016, 02:34 PM   #26
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
I bet she did get a huge role from the Clinton foundation to hamper Bernie Sanders campaign
Old 07-25-2016, 03:08 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
Where do you get 1 or 2 emails? It's thousands. There is an email from the DNC chair of the northwest, calling the outreach to latino voters, "operation taco bowl". But my side is biased against Hispanics.

Doe sit matter that the emails were obtained illegally? That's more important than undermining the democratic process, and using Sanders' religion against him?

undermining the democratic process can you show me where this happened! not that you jut think it happen I have already posted the voting numbers Sanders lost

As for operation taco bowl and using his religion those people need to be fired But please stop the fake outrage did you forget he was a dirty socialist but now you feel bad for him because the DNC not supporting him during the primaries How about the no support for Trump from the RNC Id love to see those emails
Old 07-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #28
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
undermining the democratic process can you show me where this happened! not that you jut think it happen I have already posted the voting numbers Sanders lost

As for operation taco bowl and using his religion those people need to be fired But please stop the fake outrage did you forget he was a dirty socialist but now you feel bad for him because the DNC not supporting him during the primaries How about the no support for Trump from the RNC Id love to see those emails
It comes down to ethics which is lacking amongst the Democrats.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #29
ecduzitgood
time to go

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/c...g-voter-fraud/
Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
I could take a page from your book and say google it, but...

It was all over TV last night.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/24/wasser...nton-campaign/

No quid pro quo there, no sir-reee.