Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

Attempted escape from the DNC

I am pretty sure they knew they weren't really welcome or maybe they were pushed http://www.nbcnews.com/slideshow/phi...ention-n615841
See Picture 5
Might I suggest this for the opening song/video
https://youtu.be/eEwdO7QeyeM
It is also a great prep for the DNC convention and also a great teaching aid, we can all learn from this.
For those who aren't so inclusive...
https://youtu.be/14IRDDnEPR4

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-24-2016 at 06:39 PM..
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go

I wonder what Spence thinks after he said the RNC was a #&*!show. I wonder if they will have green balloons to show Latinos they have included them.
http://www.theweek.com/articles/6386...-worse?ref=yfp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-26-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
buckman

61 speeches yesterday and not one mention of terrorism.
This convention is like one massive mental. institution.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:12 PM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

So the mean republicans are going to gather up all the immigrants and separate then from their children.

What a sheeit show. I have a lot of compassion for the kids but how do we square the circle on the parents that came illegally? IMO we should allow for more legal access but not allow illegal access.

If we as a nation are unwilling to follow established immigration law and allow people to come illegally, yet force the people coming here the proper way to wait in line, I can see how laws apply to only some people and not to others.

All laws should be applied evenly regardless of color, religion, class, or whether or not you are a fan of the Democratic party.

What legal reason is there that we should allow people to stay and be citizens when they explicitly broke the law?

The unequal application of law is one of the primary reasons I am no longer a Democrat.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I watched most of Day 1 looking for some glimmer of a reason I should vote for Hillary. Other than the humor of the Bernie or Bust folks, I saw nothing. Still not Trump and Not Hillary.

Though i may vote for Trump is it makes the Bernie Bros cry. Sheit, no I can't even do that.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
If we as a nation are unwilling to follow established immigration law and allow people to come illegally, yet force the people coming here the proper way to wait in line, I can see how laws apply to only some people and not to others.

It's a great point, one I bring up. If we look the other way on the illegals, how is that fair to people waiting in line to come legally, who are suffering in godawful sh*tholes, waiting for their chance?

I knew a married couple who lived here (legally) from Albania, they were here on some sort of student/work visa. The guy owned a masonry business, employed 6 Americans. His temporary visa ran out. He did everything right, hired lawyers, wanted to pay all kinds of $$ to stay. Well he got lost in the numbers, his time ran out, and he got shipped back to Albaina, those 6 guys lost their jobs. He kept trying, and 3 years later, he came back.

But for 3 long years, he and his wife struggled in one of the worst places on the planet. Meanwhile, liberals say we should just look the other way on the illegals. I assume that the more illegals are here, the fewer spots there are for people like my friends to come legally.

I want to know what any liberal would say to my friend who struggled desperately for 3 years in Albania. How is it fair to punish those who play by the rules, and reward those who break the rules? Don't we teach our kids (by age 6) that you will not be rewarded for cheating?

I don't get it. One of many, many reasons why contemporary liberalism just doesn't pass the common sense test. Not even close.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #7
Nebe

Nice guy always finish last.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Bernie sold out...such a shame

the dems sound like loony religious fanatics...it's a little creepy
Old 07-26-2016, 05:39 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Not remotely true. In this case, it's up to us. We can choose to enforce our duly constituted laws to help those who obey the laws (conservatives like this) or we can reward those who cut to the head of the line (as the Democrats support).

It's a disgusting ideology.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
So the mean republicans are going to gather up all the immigrants and separate then from their children.

What a sheeit show. I have a lot of compassion for the kids but how do we square the circle on the parents that came illegally? IMO we should allow for more legal access but not allow illegal access.

All laws should be applied evenly regardless of color, religion, class, or whether or not you are a fan of the Democratic party.

What legal reason is there that we should allow people to stay and be citizens when they explicitly broke the law?

The unequal application of law is one of the primary reasons I am no longer a Democrat.
Thats the problem the GOP has got you guy thinking thats a true statement another example that facts dont matter.. and the Democrat's are the issue

Since coming to office in 2009, Obama's government has deported more than 2.5 million people—up 23% from the George W. Bush years. More shockingly, Obama is now on pace to deport more people than the sum of all 19 presidents who governed the United States from 1892-2000, according to government data.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	617
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	63219  

Last edited by wdmso; 07-27-2016 at 04:46 AM..
Old 07-27-2016, 04:40 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Thats the problem the GOP has got you guy thinking thats a true statement another example that facts dont matter.. and the Democrat's are the issue

Since coming to office in 2009, Obama's government has deported more than 2.5 million people—up 23% from the George W. Bush years. More shockingly, Obama is now on pace to deport more people than the sum of all 19 presidents who governed the United States from 1892-2000, according to government data.
comedy with my coffee...that was hilarious
Old 07-27-2016, 04:41 AM   #12
scottw

why, while decrying soaring tuition and student indebtedness, would Hillary Clinton charge the underfunded University of California, Los Angeles, a reported $300,000 — rather than, say, $50,000 — for a 30-minute chat?

exactly....VDH....always hits the nail on the head

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/438366/print
Old 07-27-2016, 04:49 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
comedy with my coffee...that was hilarious
Comedy is a better start to any day over. the harsh reality that Facts provide
Old 07-27-2016, 05:18 AM   #14
scottw

that's good...the guy drilling holes in the bow is telling you he's also bailing faster than ever at the stern
Old 07-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #15
ecduzitgood
time to go

Obama counts people turned back at the borders as deportations and if the same person is turned back repeatedly the same day each attempt is counted as another deported person.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #16
FishermanTim

Do those numbers take into consideration the millions that they allowed in to begin with?

(just for fun)
They let 5 million in illegally, kick back 2.5 million and claim they are doing a great job...but they let in 5 million to start with?

That's like a person selling a product claims he is a great salesman because his sales are through the roof! Only problem is that he is buying his own product!

Boils down to voting for the lesser of two evils, and we lose either way!

I am a legend in my own mind!