Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Hilary, the Democrats, and the media

If you want to know why people like me are fed up, watch this 60-second video. Just 60 seconds.

In the first 3 seconds, Hilary says she has been briefed "on the bombings" in NYC. So far, so good.

NOT 60 SECONDS LATER, a reporter asks Hilary if she wants to take the opportunity to bash Trump for referring to the violence in the SAME EXACT WAY, as bombings. Naturally, Hilary trashed Trump, saying he needs to get his facts first before referring to it as a bombing, which again, is exactly what she did, 50 seconds before.

Spence? WDMSO? Paul?

I could never write this script. No one in the media, or in the Hilary camp, sees anything hypocritical here. She is such a reprehensible witch.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Then, the NYPD says that the bombing suspect is named Ahmad Kahn Rahami. But the mayor says it's not terrorism. Nah, he's probably a Benedictine monk, not an Islamic jihadist.

Atta boy, Columbo. DiBlasio is a real sharpie...
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
Nebe

I'm so fed up with the media. What ever happened to real journalism ? I mean real non-biased fact based investigative journalism? It's gone. And because of that, these people are free to deceive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-19-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
spence

Timeline Jim, timeline.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Timeline Jim, timeline.
Saturday night while New York and New Jersey we're dealing with bombs and casualties, your dear leader was bashing Trump and making Islamic extremist jokes to the black caucus .
How's that for timing?
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Timeline Jim, timeline.
Please elaborate?

There is a timeline according to which, Trump jumped the gun by calling it a bomb, but Hilary was brilliant for calling it a bomb? Is that what it is?

Maybe Trump (like Hilary when she flip-flopped on whether Benghazi was a terror attack or a crowd expressing it's displeasure with an internet video) was simply responding to the latest intel he was given. Isn't that how you justified Hilary's flip-flopping? Why doesn't Trump get the same courtesy from you?

What I don't get, is that there is SO MUCH legitimate criticism you can heap on him. Why do libs need to make stuff up? The guy bragged about the size of his hands in a presidential debate, marking an historic low in political discourse. That's fair game, hit him with that.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
There is a timeline according to which, Trump jumped the gun by calling it a bomb, but Hilary was brilliant for calling it a bomb? Is that what it is?
Who ever said she was brilliant for calling it a bombing? The entire story is about Trump jumping the gun to play on people's fears.

I'm just glad they (likely) got the guy before he could kill any one.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who ever said she was brilliant for calling it a bombing? The entire story is about Trump jumping the gun to play on people's fears.

I'm just glad they (likely) got the guy before he could kill any one.
So when Trump called it a bombing, all we knew was that it was an explosion, that's what you are saying? When he called it a bombing, there was no credible evidence to support that?

Can you back that up? I see a lot of general criticism here by you, but no facts to support said criticism. How do you know what Trump had been told about the event, at the time he called it a bombing? Or are you just assuming he screwed it up.

Also, since I don't think you responded on the other thread...you criticized Trump for profiting from other people's loss. How is that worse, than say, a defense lawyer cashing a nice paycheck, for defending someone who raped a child?

I just can't wait, to hear your explanation...

Have you ever been critical of her? Can you point to a specific time where you think she screwed up?
Old 09-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Also, since I don't think you responded on the other thread...you criticized Trump for profiting from other people's loss. How is that worse, than say, a defense lawyer cashing a nice paycheck, for defending someone who raped a child?
This was media crap; should Trump have been more careful with saying bombing, maybe. Is this a big deal, no, it shouldn't be. At least this time he didn't immediately tweet before even offering condolences and the bodies were still warm (thankfully no one died in these attacks) about 'thanks for telling me I was right about Islamic terrorism'

I have no idea what case you are referring to, but the jist is...?
She was a defense attorney, and her client was accused of rape.

Did he run up and down the courtroom aisle laughing about raping a child admitting he was guilty while she just danced and said 'hey look at me, making money off raped kids?'? Did he not deserve a fair trial? Public defenders get paid all the time to defend people like that, do you despise them as well? Sometimes #^&#^&#^&#^&ty people have funds and a private attorney is hired to defend them as their job. Sometimes those #^&#^&#^&#^&ty people go free, and yes, that sucks.

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 09-19-2016 at 12:57 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
This was media crap; should Trump have been more careful with saying bombing, maybe. Is this a big deal, no, it shouldn't be. At least this time he didn't immediately tweet before even offering condolences and the bodies were still warm (thankfully no one died in these attacks) about 'thanks for telling me I was right about Islamic terrorism'

Did he run up and down the courtroom aisle laughing about raping a child admitting he was guilty while she just danced and said 'hey look at me, making money off raped kids?'? Did he not deserve a fair trial? Public defenders get paid all the time to defend people like that, do you despise them as well? Sometimes #^&#^&#^&#^&ty people have funds and a private attorney is hired to defend them as their job. Sometimes those #^&#^&#^&#^&ty people go free, and yes, that sucks.
She won one for the bad guy . She seems to be on the wrong side of right way too often . Some see this as a problem .
Old 09-19-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
So when Trump called it a bombing, all we knew was that it was an explosion, that's what you are saying? When he called it a bombing, there was no credible evidence to support that?

Can you back that up? I see a lot of general criticism here by you, but no facts to support said criticism. How do you know what Trump had been told about the event, at the time he called it a bombing? Or are you just assuming he screwed it up.
Yes Jim, at the time Trump said that it was just a reported unknown explosion. He jumped the gun to promote fear then this morning congratulated himself for it.

He has a mental disorder.

Quote:
Please do some homework on this subject.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #12
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
She won one for the bad guy . She seems to be on the wrong side of right way too often . Some see this as a problem .
She was a lawyer, I don't hold her doing the best job she can for a client against her.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #13
buckman

Quote:
She was a lawyer, I don't hold her doing the best job she can for a client against her.
She knew he was guilty when she took the case. She didn't have to take it .
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Is this a big deal, no, it shouldn't be. "

It's not a big deal that 95% of the media is in the bag for one political party?

"I have no idea what case you are referring to, but the jist is...?"

The jist is this (and I think you knew it already, because you are pretty sharp)...if Spence doesn't like it when Trump profits off of other people's losses, I would genuinely like to know how the heck he reconciles that, with the fact that Hilary profited off of the rape of a little girl. Unless she was this guy's court-appointed attorney, then there is nothing in the ethics of the bar (pretend lawyers have ethics for a minute) that obligates an attorney to agree to represent every client that walks in the door. She calls herself a feminist? i don' t think Gloria Allred would have defended the guy.

If Hilary can profit from the misery of others, why can't Trump? Is that an unfair question?

I despise Trump as a person. I am not defending him, so you don't need to list his ethical flaws. I am asking why there is such an obvious, glaring, double-standard between what she gets away with, and what he gets away with. Telling me he's a jerk, doesn't come close to answering the question I asked.

"Did he not deserve a fair trial? "

For the millionth time...boy, liberals have a really hard time responding to what others actually say. I never said we should execute the guy without due process. I said that as a result of this case, she profited from someone else's misery. So if Spence implies that such sleazy profiteering renders one unfit to be POTUS, why does Spence only apply that standard to the GOP?

"Sometimes those #^&#^&#^&#^&ty people go free, and yes, that sucks"

That's right. So there is nothing unfair, to hold the people who benefit from that, responsible for their actions. Or at least, to hold them to the same standard, regardless of their political party.

I don't have a huge issue with what Hilary did in that case. What I have an issue with, is saying that it's OK if she profits from someone else's pain, but it's wrong when Trump does it.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #15
scottw

Quote:
and then I think she married him....
Old 09-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes Jim, at the time Trump said that it was just a reported unknown explosion. He jumped the gun to promote fear then this morning congratulated himself for it.

He has a mental disorder.

Please do some homework on this subject.
"Yes Jim, at the time Trump said that it was just a reported unknown explosion."

Boy, the information sources you must have! When Hilary kept flip-flopping on the cause of the Benghazi attack, you somehow knew that she wasn't flip-flopping for political convenience...rather, you knew that she was always simply responding to the latest intelligence. That must be a secret source of information, because despite the fact that I asked you many times, you chose not to share that data with me.

And here, you somehow know what Trump was aware of, and what he wasn't aware of, when he said it was a bomb. It couldn't be that someone told him by then it was a bomb, because if that were the case, you couldn't accuse him of fear-mongering. Nope, you have a source inside the Trump camp that's as knowledgeable as your source inside the Hilary camp, who told you that he had no valid reason to believe it was a bomb when he said such.

Amazing. And so fortunate for you, that these amazing sources that you won't reveal, always seem to praise Hilary, and always seem to paint Trump as an idiot. What a coincidence.

It's a coincidence. Right?

MAYBE Trump has access to better information than what's reported on TV.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #17
spence

Quote:
She was asked by the Judge to take the case. That's not something you'd refuse lightly...Aren't even rapists presumed innocent until proven guilty?

Wait, we're talking about Hillary Clinton. I forgot...
Old 09-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
She was asked by the Judge to take the case. That's not something you'd refuse lightly...Aren't even rapists presumed innocent until proven guilty?

Hilary certainly didn't break any laws in doing what she did. But as far as I know, neither did Trump in his business deals, bankruptcies, etc. So again, why the double standard? Why do you give Hilary a pass, but criticize Trump for profiting from the misery of others?
Old 09-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #19
buckman

Quote:

Yes she is guilty but it hasn't been proven yet (At least to you ) 😁
Old 09-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #20
Jim in CT

She is also on tape as saying this, and then laughing about it...

"I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs."

Hah hah hah, you knew he was guilty of raping a 12 year old girl. Again, someone has to defend the guy. Not everyone would laugh about it.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
She is also on tape as saying this, and then laughing about it...

"I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs."
Jim, she was laughing in the interview because the guy passed a polygraph and then ended up pleading guilty in the case!
Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #22
Nebe

I just read on reddit that the clown tech who managed hillarys server logged on to Reddit and asked how to wipe a server and to make sure the sender's name would be permenently deleted. He thought he was being anonymous but his user name was linked to his real name. This could be the smoking gun.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #23
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I just read on reddit that the clown tech who managed hillarys server logged on to Reddit and asked how to wipe a server and to make sure the sender's name would be permenently deleted. He thought he was being anonymous but his user name was linked to his real name. This could be the smoking gun.
The same guy who forgot to change her email retention policy on server then panicked and tried to delete after he was told not to? That's not much of a smoking gun.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:42 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
The same guy who forgot to change her email retention policy on server then panicked and tried to delete after he was told not to? That's not much of a smoking gun.
Maybe she should put her IT people through a "Grueling Vetting Process" before she hires them...

Oh....wait.....different process

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-20-2016, 06:35 AM   #25
buckman

Quote:
Otherwise known as the scapegoat
Old 09-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #26
wdmso

Since Jim Likes to hear things that are not there I will attempt to explain this for him since he ask me directly

yes she referred to the incident as a bombing clearly after she was briefed on the Matter she stated as much

she then stated "he needs to get his facts first before referring to it as a bombing Donald did not and she went on to explain the pitfalls of such un informed declarations .untill the whole incident has been clarified . I can clearly see the pitfalls panic, retribution the list is endless.. you can't?

Jim your Blind Hatred is on display once again

yet Trump shows hes not POTUS material hence his current statement.. Mr Trump says it is "sad" that Mr Rahami, a naturalised US citizen, will receive medical care and legal representation

Its SAD?? really That treatment and due process towards a scum bag like him. Is what makes America great and separates us from them...
Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #27
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Since Jim Likes to hear things that are not there I will attempt to explain this for him since he ask me directly

yes she referred to the incident as a bombing clearly after she was briefed on the Matter she stated as much

she then stated "he needs to get his facts first before referring to it as a bombing Donald did not and she went on to explain the pitfalls of such un informed declarations .untill the whole incident has been clarified . I can clearly see the pitfalls panic, retribution the list is endless.. you can't?

Jim your Blind Hatred is on display once again

yet Trump shows hes not POTUS material hence his current statement.. Mr Trump says it is "sad" that Mr Rahami, a naturalised US citizen, will receive medical care and legal representation

Its SAD?? really That treatment and due process towards a scum bag like him. Is what makes America great and separates us from them...
Mr Rahami, who is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt is now going to cost us millions and millions . Do you want to know who's paying for that, look in the mirror . If Hillary gets in he will be tried in American court system if Trump gets in he will have a military trial and when found guilty , executed .
Yet another reason to vote for Trump
Old 09-20-2016, 07:49 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That treatment and due process towards a scum bag like him. Is what makes America great and separates us from them...
oh boy

hey, didn't this administration off a us citizen(s) without any "due process"?
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
Mr Rahami, who is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt is now going to cost us millions and millions . Do you want to know who's paying for that, look in the mirror . If Hillary gets in he will be tried in American court system if Trump gets in he will have a military trial and when found guilty , executed .
Yet another reason to vote for Trump

American citizen or is that to hard for you to understand

Hillary get in things get done as the laws requires

Trump extrajudicial punishment

I get it
Old 09-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #30
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Otherwise known as the scapegoat
Wonder if he's on the 2 shots to the back of the head suicide watch ???