Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Matt Lauer and Garrison Keeler

They need to slow down the taking of liberal perverts out behind the woodshed, I donít have the time to sufficiently enjoy each one.

Is too much schadenfreude bad for you? I still have a schadenfreude hangover from the election last year, and now so much more to digest.

But remember, itís Mike Pence and conservatives who have declared war on women!
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #2
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,776
More anger. We see a pattern here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #3
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
They need to slow down the taking of liberal perverts out behind the woodshed, I donít have the time to sufficiently enjoy each one.

Is too much schadenfreude bad for you? I still have a schadenfreude hangover from the election last year, and now so much more to digest.

But remember, itís Mike Pence and conservatives who have declared war on women!
What do you think is going on with this flood of accusations? Just pent up anger held in for years now finding a release because some big names got canned followed by the positive public reaction? Encouraging more and more to get their just revenge?

So far its just big names that have been axed, that we know of. There's got to be millions of these kinds of misdeeds, and worse, that have occurred over the last 30 to 40 years that have occurred in the general public. Imagine if they were all called to account now.
detbuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
DZ
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
DZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,255
It's a concern. My question will always be what is the burden of proof? Right now it seems if someone accuses you of something you're basically gone even if you're innocent. Companies just don't want to deal with it. Wonder if there could be a potential counter effect on hiring women in the future?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
More anger. We see a pattern here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh, I guess you don't know what "schadenfreude" means. It means feeling joy, not anger. So you actually could not have been more wrong.

Thanks for trying, though.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What do you think is going on with this flood of accusations? Just pent up anger held in for years now finding a release because some big names got canned followed by the positive public reaction? Encouraging more and more to get their just revenge?

So far its just big names that have been axed, that we know of. There's got to be millions of these kinds of misdeeds, and worse, that have occurred over the last 30 to 40 years that have occurred in the general public. Imagine if they were all called to account now.
It is a great question (why is this happening), and I don't know the answer.

My guess is that the perversion that is considered 'normal' in the entertainment industry, has resulted in thousands of women who have been harassed. For some reason, they all felt unwilling to tell their story (I get why rape victims don't come forward, I can't imagine why a harassment victim wouldn't come forward, especially when Gloria Allred is happy to represent them in a huge lawsuit), and suddenly, they all feel empowered at the same time.

Too bad Ted Kennedy isn't around to get what's coming to him.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
More anger. We see a pattern here
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I feel very joyous that those who harass women are being held accountable.

You say it's wrong for me to feel this way.

And your side claims that my side, is waging war on women.

That, sir, makes all kinds of sense.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh, I guess you don't know what "schadenfreude" means. It means feeling joy, not anger. So you actually could not have been more wrong.

Thanks for trying, though.
Your feeling of Joy shows anger at liberals. Face it you're an angry man. We see it in all your posts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #9
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Your feeling of Joy shows anger at liberals. Face it you're an angry man. We see it in all your posts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Methinks you project too much.
detbuch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:01 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Your feeling of Joy shows anger at liberals. Face it you're an angry man. We see it in all your posts.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
My joy shows anger at those who objectify women. Most have been liberals. If you don't like that because it makes the people you agree with seem like sexist perverts, that's between you and them, don't blame me.

Angry? The GOP controls the white house, both houses of congress, a huge majority of governorships and state legislatures. The stock market is through the roof, and 10 famous liberals a day are being outed as perverts. Even if I was as inclined to anger as you think I am, I just don't know what I could find to be angry about.

You're confusing winning, with anger, I think...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #11
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,552
Canít wait till the crosshairs are on Trump !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
They need to slow down the taking of liberal perverts out behind the woodshed, I donít have the time to sufficiently enjoy each one.

Is too much schadenfreude bad for you? I still have a schadenfreude hangover from the election last year, and now so much more to digest.

But remember, itís Mike Pence and conservatives who have declared war on women!
This is just bizarre.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #13
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,776
The anger is that you seem to enjoy when it's liberals but when Faux News was found to have hidden years of abusive to women you didn't post anything. Obviously the Liberals here knew about it but didn't find as much joy in it as you do when it happens to liberals and that's why it was never discussed.
If you had joy when people were called out for objectifying women you would have posted something about Faux News but it was radio silence which shows that it's not that perverts being called out gives you joy it's when liberal perverts being called out gives you Joy. Pure anger
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #14
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is just bizarre.
Of course it is. Only a liberal would fail to see why I would bask in the justness (is that a word?) of perverts being outed as such.

It's bizarre to you , that I would find it satisfying, when reptiles get their comeuppance?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,888
Victims of rape or sexual assault became victims again if the came forward, itís the good old boy culture; she must have been asking for it the way she dressed etc. I personally know three women who in their teens and early twenties were raped and never came forward due to the fear of becoming a victim again. Bill Cosby, Harvey winesteen, Moore all deserve to reap what they have sown.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #16
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The anger is that you seem to enjoy when it's liberals but when Faux News was found to have hidden years of abusive to women you didn't post anything. Obviously the Liberals here knew about it but didn't find as much joy in it as you do when it happens to liberals and that's why it was never discussed.
If you had joy when people were called out for objectifying women you would have posted something about Faux News but it was radio silence which shows that it's not that perverts being called out gives you joy it's when liberal perverts being called out gives you Joy. Pure anger
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm glad O'Reilly and Boeling were hounded out of public view. They absolutely got what they deserved. Fair enough?

Of course I would prefer it when a majority (huge majority, actually) of the outed perverts are liberals, because it's vindication that I chose the correct side. It's not even close to anger. It might be pettiness I guess, but I never said I wasn't petty.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Victims of rape or sexual assault became victims again if the came forward, itís the good old boy culture; she must have been asking for it the way she dressed etc. I personally know three women who in their teens and early twenties were raped and never came forward due to the fear of becoming a victim again. Bill Cosby, Harvey winesteen, Moore all deserve to reap what they have sown.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rape and assault, I get why people don't speak. But not harassment. Weinstein answers the door in his robe and asks for a massage? If I was a woman, I would love it if he did that, because I'd be on the phone with Gloria Allred 5 seconds later filing a jillion dollar lawsuit.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #18
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm glad O'Reilly and Boeling were hounded out of public view. They absolutely got what they deserved. Fair enough?

Of course I would prefer it when a majority (huge majority, actually) of the outed perverts are liberals, because it's vindication that I chose the correct side. It's not even close to anger. It might be pettiness I guess, but I never said I wasn't petty.
I guess that's why you and I are different. I could care less if it's a liberal pervert or conservative pervert.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #19
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm glad O'Reilly and Boeling were hounded out of public view. They absolutely got what they deserved. Fair enough?

Of course I would prefer it when a majority (huge majority, actually) of the outed perverts are liberals, because it's vindication that I chose the correct side. It's not even close to anger. It might be pettiness I guess, but I never said I wasn't petty.
This is just so bizarre.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #20
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is just so bizarre.
So the guy who routinely defies facts to make his side look flawless, claims it's bizarre, when someone else roots for their own side.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #21
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So the guy who routinely defies facts to make his side look flawless, claims it's bizarre, when someone else roots for their own side.
Name one fact I've ever defied.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 PM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Name one fact I've ever defied.
Every single criticism of Obama was denied by you. Every one.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #23
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Every single criticism of Obama was denied by you. Every one.
Did you ever lobby a valid one?
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #24
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did you ever lobby a valid one?
Yes.

It wasn't just my criticisms of Obama you dismissed, it was any and all criticism of Obama you dismissed. I'm not going to read through 8 years of posts. If you believe you judge liberals and conservatives fairly and objectively and consistently you are, of course, entitled to that opinion. I would disagree, and I am entitled to that opinion.

I identify as conservative. I do so, because I believe conservatives have a moral compass that is vastly, vastly superior to that of liberals. As such, it's human nature, I think, to root for my side, because if many leading conservatives were perverts, it would undermine my belief that our platform is better. It's natural to root for that which you believe in. I could lie and say that I don't care whether perverts turn out to be liberals or conservatives. I think most people who make that claim, at least those who are not right in the middle who make that claim, aren't being honest.

You are WAY more partisan than I am (I disagree with the GOP on gay marriage, the death penalty, and gun control, and I'd bet the farm you have no similar disagreements with liberalism). So I'd be willing to bet that if you read a headline tomorrow that said "15 US Senators indicted for rape", you'd pray (if liberals believed in prayer, that is) they were all republicans. I'd root they were all democrats, and as I said, I'm not as invested in conservatism as you are in liberalism, not even close.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:32 PM   #25
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,517
Jim, please get some rest. I chose the right side is a strange proclamation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Name one fact I've ever defied.
Cough, cough.....Hillary's Email.....cough, cough....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:37 PM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jim, please get some rest. I chose the right side is a strange proclamation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Why would anyone align themselves with an ideology they felt was fundamentally wrong? I chose to endorse the Republican party, and obviously, I did it because I think they are correct more often than they are wrong.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:20 AM   #28
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,517
It is your " I am right,you are wrong" mentality that casts you as a bit....
childish
You have said before that you voted for Clinton,was that wrong? Please don't answer
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:21 AM   #29
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,632
oops....

(CNN)An Army veteran says Sen. Al Franken groped her in December 2003, telling CNN that while she was deployed in Kuwait, the Minnesota Democrat cupped her breast during a photo op.

Stephanie Kemplin, 41, of Maineville, Ohio, is the fifth woman in two weeks to accuse Franken of inappropriate touching, and the second person to allege that such behavior took place while Franken was on a USO tour.
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #30
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,751
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh, I guess you don't know what "schadenfreude" means. It means feeling joy, not anger. So you actually could not have been more wrong.

Thanks for trying, though.
It means joy in the misery of others. And yes, there is a little bit of schadenfreuede when the biased stalwarts of calling others out get their own hands caught in the cookie jar.

Is it joyful to see those that are responsible to be a check on the unjust busted for being discovered the slimebags they really are? Maybe a little.

There is no joy in the hurt of the victim but perhaps a little when the perp is caught. Overall it is just simply disgust.

How not to get in trouble for harassment? Simple. Don't harass or assault someone.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com