Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Steve Bannon--hey NEBE and WDMSO, watch this.



What a racist Nazi!
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:41 AM   #2
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
I think Bannon has pretty much established he will say anything to manipulate people.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #3
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think Bannon has pretty much established he will say anything to manipulate people.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It has pretty much been established that all politicians do that. The Democrat leadership is always on go with manipulative rhetoric, always selecting the words that suit the occasion, and those words differ depending on the occasion.

Bannon, on the other hand, has been saying the kind of stuff he says on this video even when he is speaking to white, conservative, Republican audiences. He has been consistent with his populist message. And he is an economic nationalist, including Blacks, Jews, all ethnicities, women as well as men, under the umbrella of "American"--if they are citizens of this country. He has been consistently against illegal immigration and even against high numbers of legal immigration which all suppress the wages and opportunities of poor and lower middle class Americans. He is for selective immigration which imports people with needed skills.

Republicans have been criticized for not reaching out to the black population. Here he is reaching out to blacks on this video (as he has been doing), but, as would be expected by a Progressive, to keep up the Bannon as racist, etc., etc., he is criticized as saying anything to manipulate people.

Those who have the evil caricature of him espoused by the left, and by snotty establishment anti-Trump Republicans, have not searched beyond leftist media, nor to his full speeches, statements (instead of out of context snippets), or full biographies. He is not a racist, anti-Semite, misogynist, Nazi. He is quite the opposite.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
He's a conspiracy monger who manipulates by pulling out the worst in people. He's great at it but so was Goebbels.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #5
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,637
“BLACK AMERICANS FOR A BETTER FUTURE” SUPER PAC 100% FUNDED BY RICH WHITE GUYS


https://theintercept.com/2016/01/28/...ch-white-guys/


another needle in the hay stack story presented as something else
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:52 AM   #6
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,637
http://www.bafbf.org/about/

guess whos name shows up when you go to the site


STEVE BANNON LIVE STREAM!
Steven K. Bannon
“A REPUBLICAN VISION FOR MINORITY BUSINESS GROWTH”
Facebook Live Stream
Starts at 12 noon EST!

click on it and get re directed takes you to a FB page with no activity ... funny
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 AM   #7
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
Wait, a man who build his empire by lying to people is lying to people? I'm astonished.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
“BLACK AMERICANS FOR A BETTER FUTURE” SUPER PAC 100% FUNDED BY RICH WHITE GUYS


https://theintercept.com/2016/01/28/...ch-white-guys/


another needle in the hay stack story presented as something else
I didn't find anything in your link that made Bannon out to be a racist. As for rich white guys funding the "Black Americans For a Better Future super pack", I guess that is supposed to show that they are racists.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:15 AM   #9
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
http://www.bafbf.org/about/

guess whos name shows up when you go to the site


STEVE BANNON LIVE STREAM!
Steven K. Bannon
“A REPUBLICAN VISION FOR MINORITY BUSINESS GROWTH”
Facebook Live Stream
Starts at 12 noon EST!

click on it and get re directed takes you to a FB page with no activity ... funny
Is this supposed to be more evidence that Bannon is a racist?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #10
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wait, a man who build his empire by lying to people is lying to people? I'm astonished.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
On what lies did Bannon build what you call his "empire"?

Anyway, I expected that you and WDMSO would miss the point I was making, and that you would say irrelevant or snarky stuff which would not actually show that Bannon is a racist Nazi white supremacist ethno-hating war-mongering misogynist.

I am not totally on his populist band-wagon, but neither am I seeing actual evidence that he is the horrible Darth Vader that he is characterized, for a political purpose, as being.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #11
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's a conspiracy monger who manipulates by pulling out the worst in people. He's great at it but so was Goebbels.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And you demonstrate here the ad hominem nonsense that is so vague that it could be applied to anybody, including you, and which is part of the unsubstantiated characterization that is supposed to somehow verify itself merely by constant repetition.

It is the constant repetition of this lying about Bannon that makes you and his detractors, not Bannon himself, more like Goebbels who said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
I've been watching his disinformation machine for years.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:06 AM   #13
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He's a conspiracy monger who manipulates by pulling out the worst in people. He's great at it but so was Goebbels.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Couldn’t say it any better.
Screw that dude. What did he say? He wants to bring the United States tumbling down? Or something like that. pos.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #14
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Couldn’t say it any better.
Screw that dude. What did he say? He wants to bring the United States tumbling down? Or something like that. pos.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Et tu Nebe? More unsubstantiated ad hominem nonsense.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 AM   #15
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I've been watching his disinformation machine for years.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Not helpful there. Not an argument.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,637
Why are looking for someone to call him a racists.


Bannon essentially has established himself as the chief curator for the alt right.

Bannon can delegate authority but he cant delegate responsibility
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:03 PM   #17
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Et tu Nebe? More unsubstantiated ad hominem nonsense.
“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #18
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Again, another unsubstantiated incidence and quote. And even if he were to have said that, did he clarify exactly what he meant by it? Was there a larger context and conversation surrounding that alleged quote? He is, in the video I posted here, admittedly anti-establishment, but nowhere near a communist. Certainly not an actual Leninist who would destroy a monarchical authoritarian state to replace it with a Marxist Communist state.

Anyone could figuratively be called "Leninist" who wished to remove one regime and replace it with one he believed was right. Bannon, as in the video here, and whenever he talks politically, typically uses tough language, union, street in your face language. He makes no bones that he is anti-establishment, against both Democrat and Republican establishment. He seems to espouse much of the very things economically that you do. That's why I asked you to watch the video. If some Democrat had delivered the speech that Bannon gave in this video, would you have disagreed with it?

I'm not agreeing with everything he says, I'm pointing out that how he is characterized (Nazi, white supremacist, misogynist, ethno-phobe, racist, etc.) is not true. And he certainly would not Be any of those things if he were an actual Leninist (which he obviously is not).

The responses from Spence, WDMSO, and you, so far have not provided evidence of any of those things.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #19
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,622
“If he said that”.

I stopped reading after that.

Have a good day.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #20
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
“If he said that”.

I stopped reading after that.

Have a good day.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
There it is folks. No actual argument. No actual back and forth discussion using substantiated facts about Bannon. No proof that he is a racist, misogynist, ethnophobe, Nazi, war-mongering white supremacist. Not even an attempt at proving one of those leftist's reputed characterizations.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #21
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There it is folks. No actual argument. No actual back and forth discussion using substantiated facts about Bannon. No proof that he is a racist, misogynist, ethnophobe, Nazi, war-mongering white supremacist. Not even an attempt at proving one of those leftist's reputed characterizations.
You started the thread with a fake video.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #22
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You started the thread with a fake video.
It was a real video. This is childish banter.

Still no verifiable evidence that Bannon is a racist, ethnophobic, misogynist, Nazi, white supremacist, anti-Semitic war monger.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:00 PM   #23
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,622
if you wright him some fan mail, he might let you blow him. Set your goals and your dreams can come true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It was a real video. This is childish banter.

Still no verifiable evidence that Bannon is a racist, ethnophobic, misogynist, Nazi, white supremacist, anti-Semitic war monger.
do you read breitbart have you explored the comment sections


Bannons responsible for the message he spreads he doesn't have to have to pull the trigger.. to be involved
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #25
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
do you read breitbart have you explored the comment sections


Bannons responsible for the message he spreads he doesn't have to have to pull the trigger.. to be involved
This was not helpful in determining that Bannon is a racist, misogynist, ethnophobe, anti-Semite, Nazi, white supremacist, war-monger.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #26
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This was not helpful in determining that Bannon is a racist, misogynist, ethnophobe, anti-Semite, Nazi, white supremacist, war-monger.
Did anyone ever claim he was?
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:38 PM   #27
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Did anyone ever claim he was?
Yes. There has been a concerted effort by left wing media to attach Bannon to various phobes and right wing extremisms, including NYT and Mags like Salon.

Their articles are then alluded to by others as evidence Bannon is a white supremacist, misogynist, etc. That filters down to some posts on this forum.

See post 165 in the Crickets thread. Inferences are made in posts 38, 42, and 49 in the H Bomb thread. In the Charlottesville thread posts 39 and 40 a reporter tries to get Trump to comment on Bannon's influence or connection to the Nazi rioters. Both WDMSO and Nebe implied that Bannon was a Leninist because of an unproven quote attributed to him. In the Bannon Interview thread, post 7, WDMSO links to a NYT article which characterizes Breitbart under Bannon as steeped in misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, white nationalism, and anti-Semitism, and lists some articles which, in spite of their titles, aren't actually espousing the NYT's characterizations. And which Bannon did not write.

Bannon's actual, recorded, and verified statements are the opposite of the phobic, racist and supremacist characterizations that leftists try to attach to him.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #28
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
BTW, in the video I posted for this thread, Bannon says things that sound a lot like things Nebe has said. Which is one of the reasons I asked Nebe to watch it. Sadly, because he so believes the unproven quote attributed to Bannon, he didn't get to the sentence where I asked if a Democrat had given the speech that Bannon gives in the video, would he agree with it.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:31 AM   #29
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,637
why do you insist Bannon needs to be caught with a smoking gun in hand. to be see that his nationalism ideas promote the Racism you say isn't there? see below

from the comment section of breitbart in a story promoting Moore


Those slithering snakes have nowhere to hide.. all the enemies of the people have been exposed by our Righteous President. Every deplorable in this nation is armed with a spade to behead every Rat and RINO..every vote counts!

Elect Justice Roy Moore to restore Law & Order to DC and Our Nation at Large.
MAGA MOORE!....An American constitutionalist.


Moore will keep out the dangerous illegal migrants and the moslem terrorist fake refugees.

Moore will build the wall.

Vote for Moore to protect America!


on the NYC pipe bomb

Another "Explosion" in America!

The New "normal" brought to you by likes of Barrak Hussein Oblahblah, Governor Coumo and Mayor DumBlasio!

It's plain to see what having Libtards "in charge" Really means for this country!

Compare the last 8 years in America to the previous 40...

Vote Roy Moore, Alabama!! (funny they forgot 9|11)

A permanent ban on muslim immigration and building the wall is the only way to keep America safe. To hell with political correctness, America first.

ill obama's people at it again,, obama invited this crap among us ,,, he should be arrested for every muslim killer he let in,, gave money jobs places to live food healthcare and and and ,, all living tax free


none of the above are based on Facts Bannon does not operate on facts.. they wont work on his audience . So he promotes A primary emphasis on promotion of culture... White christian culture
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #30
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
why do you insist Bannon needs to be caught with a smoking gun in hand. to be see that his nationalism ideas promote the Racism you say isn't there? see below

from the comment section of breitbart in a story promoting Moore


So you have to go to the comment section for proof that Bannon is a racist.

Have you read comment sections on Progressive and leftist media which are vulgar, harsh, even racist? I have. Have you heard and read "comments" from those who supported Obama which were vulgar, harsh, even racist? I have. Were all those "comments" that claimed victimhood and cast all whites as racists promoted by Obama's speeches and policies? Or were all those attitudes there before Obama?

There are many on the left and on the right who harbor deep feelings against the "other side." And many of them speak with harsh language. Their rantings on "both sides" may rise from inner rage to the surface in support of their leaders and be expressed in ways not actually related to the rhetoric they hear. Yet those who are more normal in temperament and reason hear the same message from those leaders and sound reasonable and rational when they "comment" because they actually understand what they hear. This is like the problem of personal "interpretation" which I said was destructive of the Constitution when the interpretation doesn't match the actual text and the meanings of the words in that text. That interpretation based on personal bias rather than on the actual text or words of a speaker leads to wrong and destructive behavior or mistaken and idiotic comments. Should we then not speak or write constitutions because some will misinterpret them?

BTW, in reading the "comment" by the Breitbart reader that you posted, I don't see any actual racism. But that's, again, the leftist ploy of calling something racist in order to make it sound not only "deplorable" but evil and illegal. Are you seeing racism because that is what you want to see? Are you commenting with some inner bias rather than on the actual text?

none of the above are based on Facts Bannon does not operate on facts.. they wont work on his audience . So he promotes A primary emphasis on promotion of culture... White christian culture
It was an opinionated "comment" not an argument--quite similar in nature to your post. Your "comment" in the post is not based on facts. It's just your opinion. There are many of us who hear what Bannon actually says, as opposed to those who try to frame what he says as racist, sexist, supremacist, blah, blah, blah, and we aren't influenced by his words to become racist or the other blah, blah's.

And we read and hear him, as in the video I posted, promoting an American culture based on capitalist policies which he refers to as economic nationalism, and which are based on legal citizenship rather than on identity politics.

Bannon's economic nationalism doesn't promote racism in rational minds. That's why he is trying to speak to Black, and Hispanic, and Asian American businessmen.

I am not in total agreement with Bannon's economic nationalism, but not because it is racist. It is not racist. I haven't seen evidence that Bannon is racist.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-11-2017 at 04:06 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com