Thread: Embarassing
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #33
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
you know what slaves did when the constitutional convention failed them the first time. Most of them turned to the bible, thereby embracing subservience, servitude and complacency. Those that didnt cling to there religion while the planter class kept them in chains turned to guns. That is exactly what people do when the government fails them. Now the present state of the american proleteriat in no way compares to that of the american slave, but just ride through a poor community, be it black, white or latino. You will see dopedealers, armed stick up kids and churches. Those that dont bide there time in church, pray to the P&N, the pipe and needle. The others religious traditions are rooted in swigs from 40oz's of old english 800, zima, MD 20/20 among other spirits. I promise you, if things keep up, this will all be coming to a neighborhood near you if it already hasnt.
I think your making excuses for unlawful abhorent behavior that even the poor members of the community don't make. Coloring too many people with the same broad brush by giving or making excuses for thier behavior only shows that you may even condone the poor peoples so-called desperate behavior as a means to a quicker end (some went to the bible some took to thier guns). Stop blaming anyone of us for slavery that our forebearers particpated in. You're much more condescending to the poor people than we are.

Don't for one minute think that none of us do not understand anyones plight in America. Even the media yesterday publicly ridiculed some of the statements Reverend Wright made after giving his initial presentation at a press club speech. It is his right however to say what he wants. I may not embrace it, but I'll defend his right to say whatever he'd like.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman