Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jim,
You have a very narrow set of beliefs, Jim's right and everyone who disagrees with him is foolish and a liberal. Since you can't even read an article that might conflict with your beliefs of course you can withstand scrutiny in your mind because you have no reason to question what you know.
You are truly qualified as a member of the Super Elite
Bill Gates is perfectly capable of explaining the problems with income distribution but you likely won't read that either
http://fortune.com/2014/10/15/bill-g...me-inequality/
I have a very, very broad set of beliefs, in some cases I side with liberals ( gay marriage, death penalty). It’s notnthat my beliefs are narrow, it's that im honest and very fair.

Bill gates is a world class computer programmer, whybusbhe wualified to speak on income inequality? I asked YOU, why is it bad if bill gates, ornopeah winfrey, or George Clooney, get richer today? How does that hurt anybody? Answer - it doesn’t. How could you possibly make the case that it hurts anybody? He’s not stealing the wealth, he is creating it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I have a very, very broad set of beliefs, in some cases I side with liberals ( gay marriage, death penalty). It’s notnthat my beliefs are narrow, it's that im honest and very fair.
I'm sure you have black friends also.

Bill gates is a world class computer programmer, whybusbhe wualified to speak on income inequality? I asked YOU, why is it bad if bill gates, ornopeah winfrey, or George Clooney, get richer today? How does that hurt anybody? Answer - it doesn’t. How could you possibly make the case that it hurts anybody? He’s not stealing the wealth, he is creating it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If you read the article you might understand Bill Gate's stance on income inequality and what concerns him about it and it's effect on society. Now of course since he is only a computer programmer and not a reality TV star he doesn't really understand the situation.
However he is likely the second wealthiest man in the world, far wealthier than almost anyone else including Mr Magic.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If you read the article you might understand Bill Gate's stance on income inequality and what concerns him about it and it's effect on society. Now of course since he is only a computer programmer and not a reality TV star he doesn't really understand the situation.
However he is likely the second wealthiest man in the world, far wealthier than almost anyone else including Mr Magic.
I don't care what Bill Gates has to say about income inequality. I asked what Pete F thinks about income inequality. I asked Pete F why it's bad if Bill Gates, or Oprah Winfrey, or Meryl Streep, get richer today. How does that hurt anyone? Any chance you can answer in your own words? I've asked twice now. Any chance you can answer?

"I'm sure you have black friends also."

I said that I side with liberals on some big issues, because I know how to think for myself. I'd be curious to know, on what big issues, do you disagree with liberals? Let's see who is narrow minded and who is not?

"However he is likely the second wealthiest man in the world"

Which makes him amazingly successful at computer code. It says nothing about his knowledge of the causes and effects of income inequality. If he cared so much about income inequality, why is he still the second richest person in the world? Why not keep 250 million, and give the rest away?