Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-06-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I didn’t say candidate #1 was clinton. Two separate statements.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So you're saying that the material was intended to hurt Trump's campaign?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So you're saying that the material was intended to hurt Trump's campaign?
Opposition research usually is. What’s the problem?
Old 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Opposition research usually is. What’s the problem?
How about releasing Page's name to the media? Is that problematic, to tell the media that a US citizen is a Russian agent, when he still hasn't been charged with anything? What if that was done, specifically to hurt Trump or his campaign? Would that be a problem?

I agree, political opposition research isn't necessarily fabricated. But it should be taken with a grain of salt, not used to suspend the constitutional rights of a US citizen.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
scottw

good article by Andy McCarthy today Jim

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...-papadopoulos/
Old 05-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How about releasing Page's name to the media? Is that problematic, to tell the media that a US citizen is a Russian agent, when he still hasn't been charged with anything?
I don't know if they ever determined how his name came out, but the initial media reports wasn't that he was a Russian agent but rather that he mad met with suspected Russian agents which I believe is true.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
scottw

Quote:
I don't know if they ever determined how his name came out, but the initial media reports wasn't that he was a Russian agent but rather that he mad met with suspected Russian agents which I believe is true.
On April 10, 2017, Strzok texted Page: "I had literally just gone to find this phone to tell you I want to talk to you about media leak strategy with DOJ before you go."

Just two days later, Strzok lauded Page's efforts and gave her a heads up that "two articles are coming out, one which is 'worse' than the other about Lisa's 'namesake,' " a reference to Carter Page.

Just one day after Strzok's text to Page, the Washington Post, on April 11, 2017, ran a piece titled "FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor former Trump advisor Carter Page."

weird...
Old 05-06-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
On April 10, 2017, Strzok texted Page: "I had literally just gone to find this phone to tell you I want to talk to you about media leak strategy with DOJ before you go."

Just two days later, Strzok lauded Page's efforts and gave her a heads up that "two articles are coming out, one which is 'worse' than the other about Lisa's 'namesake,' " a reference to Carter Page.

Just one day after Strzok's text to Page, the Washington Post, on April 11, 2017, ran a piece titled "FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor former Trump advisor Carter Page."

weird...
It's pretty common for news outlets to notify the government about pending articles. They were talking about how the FBI would respond. The IG and I believe even the WSJ looked at this closely and found...

nothing...
Old 05-06-2019, 06:24 PM   #8
scottw

this is pretty exciting

Joseph diGenova, former U. S. Attorney for the District of Columbia and a former legal counsel to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

"It has been evident from day one that there was a brazen plot to exonerate Hillary Clinton illegally, and then, if she lost the election, to frame Donald Trump. This [Steele] dossier was a knowing part of that. It was created by Hillary Clinton. It was created knowingly by [former CIA Director] John Brennan as part of a scheme to do everything they could to harm Donald Trump.

The problem for Brennan and [former Director of National Intelligence]Clapper and [former FBI Director] Comey and [former FBI General Counsel] Baker and all of them now is, is that the FISA Court has already communicated with the Justice Department about its findings. And their findings are that from more than four years before the election of Donald Trump, there was an illegal spying operation going on by FBI [private] contractors — four of them — to steal personal information, electronic information about Americans and to use it against the Republican Party.

There are going to be indictments. There’s going to be grand juries. John Brennan isn’t going to need one lawyer. He’s going to need five!

There’s another report that everybody has forgotten about that involves James Comey alone. That will be out in two weeks. That report is going to be a bombshell. It’s going to open the investigation on a very high note.

The FISA Court abuse is the center of this entire abuse of governmental power. The Chief Judge of that court [Rosemary M. Collyer] has already ruled that the FBI broke the law and that the people at the head of the [Obama] Justice Department — [former Deputy Attorney General] Sally Yates, John Carlin, the Assistant Attorney General for National Security, all knew about it and lied to the court, the FISA Court, about it.

There is a hero in this entire story, and it’s not a lawyer. All the bad people in this story are lawyers. There’s a hero. His name is Admiral Mike Rogers. He was the head of the National Security Agency. He discovered the illegal spying. He went personally to the FISA Court and briefed the Chief Judge and worked with her for months to uncover the people who did it. The FISA Court has already told the Justice department who lied to that court and that has been given to [Attorney General] Bill Barr already."

this explains why the dems are in full Barr assault mode