Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-17-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I did some checking b/c I was curious, they've been married 10, he's been catholic for 2.

And I don't like someone who is trying to dictate morality or guiding us from some ethical precipice, with questionable morals (i.e. who is having an affair, while going after Clinton for an affair...) that's one of the ways I will remember Newt from my formative years...

It remains to be seen. Do I think he did any thing illegal, No. What concerns me right now, is they (his campaign) were going to release all the FM/FM documents, and then changed their mind in a few hours... what did they find? He is saying one thing, FM/FM is claiming they hired him for 'political clout' (which in itself, Newt independent, is an issue with American Politics). You can hate Dylan Rattigan from MSNBC (and I find him annoying as hell), but his push on removing money and influence from politics is an admirable stance...

Regardless, Newt seems to have an issue of change his take on topics through time... Is he a smart guy? yes is he incredibly Politically savvy? Absolutely. Does that mean he has changed his stance a lot through the years to suit him politically... yes... I think that + personal issues = unelectable...

Stay away from calling all liberals names or painting with a broad brush, and it will stay that way (for now )

you to.
"And I don't like someone who is trying to dictate morality or guiding us from some ethical precipice, with questionable morals (i.e. who is having an affair, while going after Clinton for an affair...) that's one of the ways I will remember Newt from my formative years..."

Gingrich (who was having an affair) lead the charge to impeach Clinton. People who don't like Gingrich, say that makes him hypocritical. NOT SO. Clinton was NOT impeached for having an affair, the impeachable offense was LYING ABOUT IT under oath. If you can show me where Gingrich lied about his affairs under oath, then I will be the first one to call him a hypocrite. Otherwise, there's absolutely zero double standard.

When liberals stop giving blank checks to public unions, when they stop saying that conservatyives want to kill social security and medicare (when we want to fix them), when they stop calling the Tea Party racist, and most importantly, when they stop saying that terrorists have more of a right to live than unborn babies, I'll change my tune. But I'll work on my tone, I promise...
Old 11-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Clinton was NOT impeached for having an affair, the impeachable offense was LYING ABOUT IT under oath. If you can show me where Gingrich lied about his affairs under oath, then I will be the first one to call him a hypocrite. Otherwise, there's absolutely zero double standard.
Right. b/c the moral right would have let it slide if he just came out said "Yup, Monica smoked my pole..."

Back to work. thats enough time wasted online.....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Right. b/c the moral right would have let it slide if he just came out said "Yup, Monica smoked my pole..."

yes...committing the act(s) and then committing perjury as the sitting President of the US was a better option
Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

I'm truthfully stating what actually happened. You are the one who speculated that my side would have done no better. If Gingrich has never lied under oath, than he is in no way hypocritical for trying to impeach Clinton. Game. Set. Match.