Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Durhamís probe into Russian investigation now a criminal investigation

US attorney Durham, the man who cleaned up the Whitey Bulger corruption in the Massachusetts DOJ offices when the local us attorney there (one Robert Mueller) wasnít doing a thing about it), is investigating the origins of the Russian collusion investigation. His investigation is now a criminal probe.

Let me guess, all the liberals here know already somehow ( maybe because Rachael Maddow said so last night) that it's a nothing burger. Because while when democrats investigate republicans, itís always legitimate. But when republicans investigate democrats, itís alwys a political hit job without a kernel of truth. Always. Life is exactly that simple.

could get very seedy and ugly and interesting. i donít have any idea what to believe or who to trust. everyone is pointing fingers at each other.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 7,700
I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
beats me, hard to keep track of who is investigating what. all i do know, is that this particular US attorney, isnít an empty suit political appointee. he kicked butt in the Whitey Bulger corruption case, came in and did what Mueller couldnít do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,049
Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #5
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I thought the indep. Inspector general and the bi-part. Senate intel. agency already looked into this?
OCTOBER 24, 2019 Washington ó The Justice Department's internal watchdog said a highly anticipated report on the department's use of secret surveillance warrants during the Russia investigation is "nearing completion" and will likely be released publicly, according to a letter obtained by CBS News.

Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote to congressional leaders on Thursday with an update on his investigation into alleged abuses of warrants obtained under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). Horowitz said he expects the report "will be released publicly with few redactions," but declined to provide a timeline.
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 10:08 AM   #6
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,407
Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Republicans would rather look in crimes they think happened (but there's no information on what crime they are looking )

Yet republicans ignore the crimes they know happened ..

Funny how that works
theyíre looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

but thanks for responding as i knew you would, to the syllable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:16 PM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
while this isnít much of a barometer i guess, rachael maddie was visibly shaken in the air last night, as the story broke that Durhamís investigation is a criminal probe. I guess she feels thereís reason to worry about her pals.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,734
Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. Itís his white whale and Barr shouldnít even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:14 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump is obsessed with the 2016 election and is still to this day sending his lieutenants out to try to uncover anything they can to prove he won without Russia help. Itís his white whale and Barr shouldnít even be micromanaging it, he already testified he felt spying went on, he was compromised from the start of this and probably should have recused himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Spying" did go on. We know this. It's not refutable.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #11
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Not sure why you need a separate investigation when the IG is already working on it...oh yes, that's why.
None of these investigations, including the impeachment inquiry, would be "needed" if there had been no Trump/Russia conspiracy investigation. These are all the fruit of a rotten seed.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:53 PM   #12
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
theyíre looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

but thanks for responding as i knew you would, to the syllable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bzzzzt not true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:56 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Bzzzzt not true.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
letís be very clear, instead of lobbing vagus insults like cowards? . did the DOJ not use the steele dossier to apply for the fisa warrant? was it not paid for by the hilary campaign? did they not keep that fact out of the fisa application?

which is not true?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:04 PM   #14
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 19,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
letís be very clear, instead of lobbing vagus insults like cowards? . did the DOJ not use the steele dossier to apply for the fisa warrant? was it not paid for by the hilary campaign? did they not keep that fact out of the fisa application?

which is not true?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Thatís not an insult, god you have thin skin.

The dossier was one piece of the FISA warrant, it was noted it was political. Read the damn thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:21 PM   #15
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 20,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Thatís not an insult, god you have thin skin.

The dossier was one piece of the FISA warrant, it was noted it was political. Read the damn thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Just another snowflake
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:28 PM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
theyíre looking to see if the obama justice department decided to act like hires security guards for the Hilary campaign. there sure evidence of ugliness in what they did to carter page. using political opposition research without disclosing it as such, to get a fisa warrant on a fellow american citizen.

but thanks for responding as i knew you would, to the syllable.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Respond how by not feeding into another one of your conspiracy theories
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:28 PM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Thatís not an insult, god you have thin skin.

The dossier was one piece of the FISA warrant, it was noted it was political. Read the damn thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I never, ever said the dossier was the only piece.

For the second time, please tell us what I actually said (not the voices you hear) that wasn't true?

If I had said that the only evidence to support the application was the Steele dossier, that would inded be untrue. Fortunately me for me (unfortunately for you), I never said anything close to that.

You doing OK?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:30 PM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Respond how by not feeding into another one of your conspiracy theories
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
OK, I'll bite. How do you know it's a paranoid, baseless conspiracy theory? How do you know that there weren't unethical things going on at the Justice Department under Obama? I'm all ears. Please enlilghten me.

US Attorney Durham is considered a pretty serioous guy. I wonder when the libs will say he was a serial rapist in high school?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,734
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You canít undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Wonít impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so itís just noise.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:23 AM   #20
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
this is insanity

looking forward to worms like comey, brennan, clapper, strok, mccabe etc... doing some squirming....looking better for General Flynn all the time
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,734
Itís all part of Trumps deep state theory and Barr is going along sadly, wonít impact the impeachment so let the insanity (agree with you they are both leaning that way) go on.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #22
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump using his new enforcer Barr to investigate and delegitimize the work of the FBI, CIA and all the intelligence agencies; been doing it since taking office. You canít undue the Mueller probe and the goal is distraction and purely political for his run (if he makes it that far) in 2020. Wonít impact the impeachment process because those are brand new and far more damaging crimes, so itís just noise.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately? Just because it might help Trump? Is that all it takes for you to conclude that there's no possible good faith basis for the investigation?

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham. I could speculate that you don't conclude such things based on facts, but rather solely on political considerations. If there's another conceivable explanation. I'm all ears.

When Trump said his campaign was being spied on, everyone laughed at him and called him crazy (I also thought he was nuts). Turns out, he was 100% correct.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #23
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Neither Durham nor the IG have released their findings, but somehow you and WDMSO and Spence already know that it's a sham.
they got the same marching orders
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #24
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 4,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK, I'll bite. How do you know it's a paranoid, baseless conspiracy theory? How do you know that there weren't unethical things going on at the Justice Department under Obama? I'm all ears. Please enlilghten me.

US Attorney Durham is considered a pretty serioous guy. I wonder when the libs will say he was a serial rapist in high school?
What crime are they investigating ? Lets start here it's not in order but why not... then lets move on to the evidence or probable cause as to why they think a crime was committed

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you . I can see why you think crimes have been committed here ..

JIM if being unethical is a crime .. Whats that make Trump?

Or even better why is this Durham not looking into Biden.. and i guess doing this now before an election is what? Accidental.. or just more of the deepstate bs that drives the base and guys like you crazy .. because its gotta to be real
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by wdmso; 10-26-2019 at 07:34 AM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #25
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
When all is said and done, all the liberals will say the DOJ didn't do anything wrong, and that Trump committed an impeachable offense via the Ukraine. All the conservatives will say the DOJ violated all kinds of civil rights, and that Trump didn't do anything that leading democrats didn't do in the last couple of years.

Who the hell knows what the truth is. But it would be nice if more of us could try to ascertain some facts before we allow politics to dictate what we conclude about everything.

Do you guys know how predictable you are? Look at my first post, where I speculated what your response would be, and then look at your responses. How many of you ever disagree with your party's positions on anything?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #26
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
they got the same marching orders
Right, they're regurgitating Chris Hayes and Rachael Maddow. No facts.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:34 AM   #27
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What crime are they investigating ? Lets start here it's not in order but why not... then lets move on to the evidence or probable cause as to why they think a crime was committed

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you . I can see why you think crimes have been committed here ..

JIM if being unethical is a crime .. Whats that make Trump?

Or even better why is this Durham not looking into Biden.. and i guess doing this now before an election is what? Accidental..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"What crime are they investigating ? "

So by your own admission you have no idea what they're investigating, but somehow you already know the investigation is a sham.

Violating the rights of American citizens is a constitutional violation. Applying for FISA warrants to help a political ally is a constitutional violation.

How about you read what the IG and Durham say, before you make up your mind? What does it say that you made up your mind without even knowing what they were investigating?

Is there any evidence that Durham is a political hack, and not a serious prosecutor? Look at what he did in Boston...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #28
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bidens' Billions...

between stays at rehab centers hunter raked in tons of dough from ukraine (where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person), china (where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person), romania(where Pro Quid Joe was Obama's point person)

brother with no experience landed 1.5 billion dollar contract


"lo and behold, six months after James Biden joined Hill International in 2010, the company won a $1.5 billion contract to build at least 100,000 affordable homes in Iraq. Talk about coincidence.

Or not. According to published reports, the State Department, then run by Hillary Clinton, and the Iraqi government were instrumental in Hill winning the contract. Also at the time, Biden(Pro Quid Joe) was Obama’s point person on Iraq, and like Klain, who is no expert on public health, James Biden was no maven on public housing."
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:36 AM   #29
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
BUT seeing how you think the Bidens committed crimes because thats what Trump told you .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nope. I said there's evidence, which there is, and that it should be investigated. Even Pete said there's value in investigating that, but you don't call him out.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 5,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Same question to you, how do you know that Trump is inappropriately delegitimizing the work of the FBI and DOJ? How do you know that they weren't actually acting inappropriately?
Obviously neither of us work in the intelligence community, but I make my opinion based on the fact Trump lies daily, it's how he operates. The interviews of some highly respected X CIA, FBI and intelligence personnel unequivocally deny any political bias in the operations of those agencies. So do I believe the habitual lier or highly respected people who worked in those departments; easy call for me anyway. The investigation into the investigation, which was already done and signed off on, should never have started and the only reason it did, is because Barr is the new Trump enforcer.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com