Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Flagship california

It is said that California leads the direction of our country. Is this where we are going?:

California Moves Further Left; Sacramento Ignores Citizens, Promotes Illegal Immigration
Joe Guzzardi February 11, 2017 at 6:40 am 19
Commentary

People outside California often have a hard time grasping how poisonous the state’s political atmosphere is. In his recent testimony to the Public Safety Commission, Senate President Pro Tempore Kevin de Leon made it abundantly clear just how far conditions have come undone.

Overreacting to President Donald Trump’s commitment to enforcing U.S. immigration laws, De Leon confessed that Trump’s policies would make “half [his] family” deportable. But, Trump has repeatedly said in various public forums that his first order of business is to remove criminal aliens. Getting rid of criminals could take years, so De Leon’s family has no immediate concerns. Trump’s pledge refers to the most dangerous offenders – murderers, rapists, sex offenders, kidnappers and drug dealers.

But, if per chance the Trump administration decided to expand its definition of who’s removable to include criminals that committed identity fraud, falsified work applications, lied to receive permanent residency cards, Social Security numbers and driver’s licenses under false pretenses – all felonies – then De Leon’s family could be in hot water.

In his statement defending SB 54 (the California Values Act), his bill that would make California officially a sanctuary state, De Leon said that within the illegal alien community, “almost entirely everybody has secured some sort of false identification. That’s what you need to survive, to work.” The law prohibits employers from hiring aliens, and for those aliens to work.

During a later interview, De Leon doubled down on his insistence that identity theft to secure fake documents is perfectly acceptable, not a deportable crime, and reconfirmed that many in his family had done just that because “it’s what you need to survive.”

De Leon’s brazenness proves how far to the left California has shifted. De Leon is a high-ranking elected official with no qualms about publicly identifying his family as felons, and without the least concern that he might suffer political consequences. In fact, the California rumor mill predicts that De Leon will be a 2018 gubernatorial candidate to succeed Jerry Brown. He might run on the platform that because his family is corrupt, he’ll legalize corruption, a position that would be popular in the Los Angeles area that De Leon represents. The Migration Policy Institute estimates that L.A. County has more than one million illegal immigrants.

Brown, the California Latino Legislative Caucus and the state’s sanctuary city mayors insist that they will defy Trump on immigration, and promise not to let the federal government withhold funding. To that end, California state lawmakers have retained former Attorney General Eric Holder to advise them on challenging Trump. Holder’s $25,000 weekly salary comes from taxpayers’ pockets, as does half of the $10 million fund Los Angeles created to provide legal services to aliens allegedly facing deportation.

Unwittingly, De Leon has provided Trump with a great forum to defend his immigration agenda. Build a wall or a physical barrier, and illegal immigration is reduced. Pass mandatory E-Verify, and De Leon’s family living here illegally can’t get jobs. Defund sanctuary California, and the nation hails Trump as a hero.

Lost in the Latino Caucus’ ceaseless illegal immigrant advocacy is that of California’s 39 million population, about 36 million are citizens and legal residents. In Sacramento, the majority is poorly represented.
_____
A Californians for Population Stabilization Senior Writing Fellow, Joe can be reached at joeguzzardi@capsweb.org and followed on Twitter @joeguzzardi19.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-11-2017 at 03:19 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,105
That state hasn't slid into the ocean yet?

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
That state hasn't slid into the ocean yet?
Maybe Trump should let all the illegals stay in California and let in a few more million there, then maybe that will create enough excess weight to facilitate the slide.

BTW, if Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3 million, California accounted for all of that and more. She won California by nearly 4.3 million votes. If California slid into the ocean, the Dems would have to hurry up and get a whole bunch more illegal aliens to populate the rest of the country. Oh . . . wait, that's what they're trying to do with legal or illegal "immigrants."
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #4
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,585
Gross domestic product
Image result for gdp of california is
2.448 trillion USD they do lead the way

By all means keep beating your anti immigration Bell of Fear as if they are alone responsible for the country"s issues ...

while ignoring the fleecing of America by US corporations and Banks and more of Trump inner circles proclamations .. Miller told US media the court ruling was a "judicial usurpation of power" and that "the president's powers here are beyond question".

then voter fraud

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do have that evidence?

MILLER: I’ve actually, having worked before on a campaign in New Hampshire, I can tell you that this issue of busing voters into New Hampshire is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics. It’s very real. It’s very serious. This morning, on this show, is not the venue for me to lay out all the evidence.

A nationally televised program seems like a very good place to offer evidence to back up a contentious claim made by a president. It seems, in fact, like this is the reason that Miller is offered the chance to speak at all.

MILLER: But I can tell you this, voter fraud is a serious problem in this country. You have millions of people who are registered in two states or who are dead who are registered to vote. And you have 14 percent of noncitizens, according to academic research, at a minimum, are registered to vote, which is an astonishing statistic. (Among those registered to vote in two places, by the way, are Trump’s son-in-law, treasury nominee, daughter and press secretary.)

So keep the attention on the Immigrants and Voter fraud (supporter Red Meat ) ( Attack hoses who push back against the lies or rule against them in Court ) Brand them as enemies...and while the every ones looking the other way .. we'll you know the rest

Last edited by wdmso; 02-12-2017 at 03:46 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Gross domestic product
Image result for gdp of california is
2.448 trillion USD they do lead the way

By all means keep beating your anti immigration Bell of Fear as if they are alone responsible for the country"s issues ...

while ignoring the fleecing of America by US corporations and Banks and more of Trump inner circles proclamations .. Miller told US media the court ruling was a "judicial usurpation of power" and that "the president's powers here are beyond question".

then voter fraud

STEPHANOPOULOS: Do have that evidence?

MILLER: I’ve actually, having worked before on a campaign in New Hampshire, I can tell you that this issue of busing voters into New Hampshire is widely known by anyone who’s worked in New Hampshire politics. It’s very real. It’s very serious. This morning, on this show, is not the venue for me to lay out all the evidence.

A nationally televised program seems like a very good place to offer evidence to back up a contentious claim made by a president. It seems, in fact, like this is the reason that Miller is offered the chance to speak at all.

MILLER: But I can tell you this, voter fraud is a serious problem in this country. You have millions of people who are registered in two states or who are dead who are registered to vote. And you have 14 percent of noncitizens, according to academic research, at a minimum, are registered to vote, which is an astonishing statistic. (Among those registered to vote in two places, by the way, are Trump’s son-in-law, treasury nominee, daughter and press secretary.)

So keep the attention on the Immigrants and Voter fraud (supporter Red Meat ) ( Attack hoses who push back against the lies or rule against them in Court ) Brand them as enemies...and while the every ones looking the other way .. we'll you know the rest
So you're OK with States becoming "sanctuary States" and that within the illegal alien community, “almost entirely everybody has secured some sort of false identification”?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #6
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Gross domestic product
Image result for gdp of california is
2.448 trillion USD they do lead the way

I thought you were against the "fleecing of America by US corporations and Banks".

By all means keep beating your anti immigration Bell of Fear as if they are alone responsible for the country"s issues ...

Where have I beat an "anti immigration Bell"? I am against "illegal" immigration, not against immigration. How about you? You showed no concern about illegal aliens in California nor about nearly all of them being guilty of identity fraud . . . as pointed out in the article which started this thread.

And where did you get that I believe immigrants "are alone responsible for the country's issues"?


while ignoring the fleecing of America by US corporations and Banks

But California has a 2.448 trillion dollar gdp. Is that bad? Or did US corporations and banks have nothing to do with that? That's a lot of dollars fleeced.

and more of Trump inner circles proclamations .. Miller told US media the court ruling was a "judicial usurpation of power" and that "the president's powers here are beyond question".

Do you disagree with that?

then voter fraud

Oh my . . .

So keep the attention on the Immigrants and Voter fraud (supporter Red Meat ) ( Attack hoses who push back against the lies or rule against them in Court ) Brand them as enemies...and while the every ones looking the other way .. we'll you know the rest
WTF are you talking about?

Last edited by detbuch; 02-12-2017 at 04:54 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Same thing What Sanders said .. its a Slight of hand Trump administration



No wonder you contradict yourself so much. You use Bernie Sanders as a source. This video you posted is full of BS. And you snapped it up crook, slime, and stinker.

you seem to be focused mostly on immigration

I have said very, very little about immigration per se. I have talked every now and then about ILLEGAL immigration. The vast majority of my posts on this forum have been about other subjects.

.. Since Trump took office this fourm has been void of any criticism towards the POTUS

It abounds with criticism of Trump. You alone have an almost daily criticism of him.

how about
national security adviser Michael Flynn following reports that Flynn engaged in conversations with a Russian diplomat about U.S. sanctions weeks before Trump's inauguration. they said they didn't.

It seems "they" were wrong. But I was waiting for the inevitable post by you to point such stuff out. But I don't know what to criticize "they" for not knowing that he did engage in such conversations. But there's nothing stopping you from doing so.


Miller told US media the court ruling was a "judicial usurpation of power" and that "the president's powers here are beyond question". really

I agree with Miller, if you're talking about the appellate Judge and the 9th Circuit decisions re Trump's EO on travel ban from 7 countries. And I've said why. You got any reasons other than that those courts made those decisions? And why the President's power here is not beyond question?

the constant claims of voter Fraud by Administration officials with out any evidence

I believe that has been commented on over and over in this forum. You certainly have.

or how about Trump mocked Democrats in a meeting with senators for letting Warren become the face of their party.
"Pocahontas is now the face of your party," Trump said in the meeting

Not Very Presidential
But it's very Trumpist. And very much admired by his "supporters."

And "Presidential" is overated. Especially since many, if not most, Presidents have acted un-Presidential.

So, getting back to the topic of this thread, do you approve of California becoming a sanctuary State? Do you approve of almost all the illegal aliens in California having fraudulent, illegal, identification? Do you approve of California corporations and banks "fleecing" California to the tune of a 2.488 GDP? Do you have any comments about those things?

Last edited by detbuch; 02-13-2017 at 03:13 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Since Trump took office this fourm has been void of any criticism towards the POTUS
Are you serious? Half the posts in this thread since the inauguration, are you bashing Trump. I also criticize him quite regularly.

How can you say that?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #10
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Are you serious? Half the posts in this thread since the inauguration, are you bashing Trump. I also criticize him quite regularly.

How can you say that?

Thats my point exactly.... before Trumps election Bashing the POTUS (Obama ) was daily bread on this Board ... and yes you have criticize him ..

I hadn't expected much objectivity with but crickets ... i didn't expect that either ..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #11
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But it's very Trumpist. And very much admired by his "supporters."

And "Presidential" is overated. Especially since many, if not most, Presidents have acted un-Presidential.

So, getting back to the topic of this thread, do you approve of California becoming a sanctuary State? Thats for the voters of California to decide I dont see immigration legal or illegal a threat to the USA Do you approve of almost all the illegal aliens in California having fraudulent, illegal, identification? Are they issued by the state ? Fake papers are a surprise?? is this new That’s what you need to survive, to work... I guess Trump wants it to be a deportable offense ok pass a law Do you approve of California corporations and banks "fleecing" California to the tune of a 2.488 GDP? why would my postilion be different on their fleecing Do you have any comments about those things?
ok
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 06:20 PM   #12
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So, getting back to the topic of this thread, do you approve of California becoming a sanctuary State? Thats for the voters of California to decide I dont see immigration legal or illegal a threat to the USA

That's an interesting and honest answer.

Your answer implies that the States should have the power to decide who resides in their territory. If so, how is it that the Federal Government can override the objection of a State when that State does not want to accept refugees that the Federal Government wants to put there?

And your answer contradicts the Constitution's express grant of the power to accept, or not, any alien who wants to come into this country solely to the Federal Government. American University law professor Stephen I. Vladeck put it this way: "Legally, states have no authority to do anything [to block the Federal Government from placing refugees in a State's territory] because the question of who should be allowed in this country is one that the Constitution commits to the federal government."

If you feel the States have that power, how far do you want to go with the State's having the power to reject any Executive Order or Federal regulation, or constitutional limitation? And it would be interesting to hear if you think the States have the power to decide the definition of marriage. Or whether Christian bakers and photographers have the right to refuse to participate in gay weddings? Or to decide whether abortion is legal. (Which, per the Constitution they actually do, but Judges who like to loosely interpret it, which you said you think is proper, decided states don't have that right or power.)

And if you approve of illegal immigration ("approve of" was the verbal clause of my question) that implies that you approve of open or no borders. If we have no borders, what is the limit to what we call the United States? What would even be the definition of "United States"?

Do you think that either the States, or any of the branches of the Federal Government, overriding the Constitution is "a threat to the USA"? And do you think that judges should be able to loosely, rather than strictly, "interpret" the Constitution so that, in their personal pursuit of social justice, they can decide what they think a "threat" is and which State or branch of government is allowed to disregard the Constitution and replace it with its own law?

If you answer yes to open borders and to loose (open) constitutional interpretation, then you don't believe in a defined country or a defined law (or defined system of law).

And if you answer yes, that probably explains many of your responses.

Or, maybe you're just confused.


Do you approve of almost all the illegal aliens in California having fraudulent, illegal, identification? Are they issued by the state ? Fake papers are a surprise?? is this new That’s what you need to survive, to work... I guess Trump wants it to be a deportable offense ok pass a law

The California Senate President Pro Tempore said "almost entirely everybody [illegal aliens] has secured some sort of false identification." And the article listed the types of fraudulent identifications received by lying, in order to receive permanent residency cards, were Social Security numbers and driver’s licenses under false pretenses – all felonies. And these were used to get falsified work applications.

That's already a deportable offense. It's not new, and it isn't a surprise. No further law needs to be passed.


Do you approve of California corporations and banks "fleecing" California to the tune of a 2.488 GDP? why would my postilion be different on their fleecing Do you have any comments about those things

ok
In your first response, you cited the large GDP as a positive for California in leading the way. Then two sentences down from that you negatively referred to "the fleecing of America by US corporations and Banks". So your position seems to contradict itself. Unless you don't think US corporations and banks had anything to do with that glowing GDP.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-13-2017 at 08:45 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I guess Trump wants it to be a deportable offense ok pass a law
The deportable offense is coming to the country illegally. That IS the law.

Just because he's decided to focus on the deportation of violent offenders doesn't change the fact that if you are here illegally......you can be deported

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,884
Come into the country illegally and I'm ok with immigration showing them the door back to the country they came from.

I'm not ok with any city or state harboring illegal aliens, but I have no issues with anyone coming in from wherever if properly screened and they go through the legal process.

FYI every single one of us is related to an illegal alien. All of our ancestors came into this country uninvited.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #15
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

FYI every single one of us is related to an illegal alien. All of our ancestors came into this country uninvited.
sooo.....which laws were broken or ignored?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #16
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,585
Seems some draw conclusions that are not there


Gross domestic product
Image result for gdp of california is
2.448 trillion USD they are the 6th largest economy in the world Some just see GDP

California’s GDP, at 2.448 trillion dollars is 80% larger that Russia’s GDP, at 1.3 trillion dollars.

So California leads the way its a country with in a country they deal with environmental issues immigrations issue Business issues Banking issues and they deal with state issues as we as federal issues .. and are not ruined or fallen into the sea

As for Immigration both legal and illegal I dont take the Chicken little approach as many Trump supporters Take you get caught you get deported its called due process I am good with that .. but some give the impression.. as if no one gets deported .. Not sure what Trump supporters are looking for other than 100% with out due process ??

During President Barack Obama’s terms, he had a record number of people deported from the United States which was more than any other president. As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented people had been deported by immigration authorities since Obama took office in 2009. This total is record-setting. Take for example, during the two terms of his predecessor, President George W. Bush, removed just over 2 million people.

But lets not let Facts get in the Way.. lets keep the Immigration invasion are stealing jobs and destroying the country narrative alive.. because it gets votes
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #17
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Seems some draw conclusions that are not there
Gross domestic product
Image result for gdp of california is
2.448 trillion USD they are the 6th largest economy in the world Some just see GDP

California’s GDP, at 2.448 trillion dollars is 80% larger that Russia’s GDP, at 1.3 trillion dollars.

You're the one who "just see[s] GDP." You don't apply to California your accusation that corporations and banks are fleecing America. Or else, you seem to be saying that "California" produced the GDP, not the businesses, corporations and banks that operate in California.

Are you saying that California's banks and corporations are pure of heart and practice, and so they are adding to and producing huge GDP numbers without doing any fleecing? (Whatever it is you mean by fleecing.) Can you be specific about this fleecing business and tell us how California's GDP is not tainted by it? If you can't do that, and still maintain that corporations and banks are fleecing this country, then, if the "fleecing" truly exists, California leads the way in fleecing the U.S. And you're bragging on it for doing so.


So California leads the way its a country with in a country they deal with environmental issues immigrations issue Business issues Banking issues and they deal with state issues as we as federal issues .. and are not ruined or fallen into the sea

Yeah, well, all states do that. And they all depend on their business communities to produce wealth (or "fleecing, but just don't fleece as much as California).

As for Immigration both legal and illegal I dont take the Chicken little approach as many Trump supporters Take you get caught you get deported its called due process I am good with that .. but some give the impression.. as if no one gets deported .. Not sure what Trump supporters are looking for other than 100% with out due process ??

Why must you be such an extremist? Nobody, except you, is saying "no one." Nor is anyone "looking for" a disregard of 100% of due process. Maybe you think extreme statements strengthen your argument? Actually, they weaken it--makes it look phony.

During President Barack Obama’s terms, he had a record number of people deported from the United States which was more than any other president. As of 2015, more than 2.5 million undocumented people had been deported by immigration authorities since Obama took office in 2009. This total is record-setting. Take for example, during the two terms of his predecessor, President George W. Bush, removed just over 2 million people.

But lets not let Facts get in the Way..

By all means, let us use facts. But let us not twist them. It has already been pointed out on this forum that the number of deportations depends on how deportation is defined. The way deportation is defined to produce Obama's numbers inflates the actual number of people returned by only counting those who went through a formal bureaucratic process. The number of actual people returned back over the border may well have been, and probably was, higher under Bush than Obama. https://newrepublic.com/article/1174...ore-immigrants

But why must it be about some contest of numbers? It should just be about getting the job done. And if you're OK with illegal immigrants remaining in this country, as your original post implied, why would you care if illegals were deported? You even seem to imply, since California has such a large number of illegals (almost 10% of its population and workforce being estimated to be illegal) and it has no problem generating a high GDP, that illegals are OK. Even that they may be adding to GDP, that it would be lower without illegals. And, of course, there's no "fleecing" of America there. No millions or billions of American dollars being sent directly back across the border without being spent or invested here. No thousands getting some type of welfare transfer payments, no millions being invested in educating their children, no dollars spent on housing their criminal elements, and no, no . . . no corporations in California doing any of that nasty "fleecing."

And as for the Great California GDP--if all the workers in California were legal, their wages would not be suppressed by the illegals who work for less, so the GDP would be even higher--that is, it would be higher if the companies would hire as many people for the wages that legal citizens demand. (Or else, a lot of legal citizens would have to accept lower wages if the welfare system wasn't as attractive--as they used to do . . . you know . . . back in the day).

lets keep the Immigration invasion are stealing jobs and destroying the country narrative alive.. because it gets votes
Are you saying that the illegals are not "stealing jobs"? Isn't the mantra for encouraging low paid illegals that they'll do the work that Americans won't? (Actually, the correct phraseology is "the work that Americans used to do" . . . you know . . . back in the day . . . when values were different and the safety net was not as generous.)

To sum up what you've said so far in you're response to the actual object and subject of this thread (the article I posted):

You're OK with the creation of sanctuary states.

You're OK with illegals remaining here and having fraudulent ID.

You're OK with states, rather than the Federal Government, having the power to decide who resides in their territory, and so being able to challenge or disregard any Federal Executive Order which conflicts with a state's desire in that manner.

You're OK with open borders, or no borders, with having an undefined country and undefined laws.

And You're not OK with corporations and banks "fleecing America" except You're OK with that in California because it helps to create a great GDP.

Explains the "reasoning" behind a lot of your posts. And why you rag on Trump every day.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,884
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
sooo.....which laws were broken or ignored?
This board has no sense of humor, but I'm pretty sure written laws didn't need to be on the books, for most to understand the native Americans got a royal screwing courtesy of the uninvited boatloads of immigrants coming to their country. Our ancestors are lucky they didn't have better planning and better weapons.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
FYI every single one of us is related to an illegal alien. All of our ancestors came into this country uninvited.
Then what was Ellis Island for?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #20
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
This board has no sense of humor, but I'm pretty sure written laws didn't need to be on the books, for most to understand the native Americans got a royal screwing courtesy of the uninvited boatloads of immigrants coming to their country. Our ancestors are lucky they didn't have better planning and better weapons.
My ancestors didn't have to be lucky. They came here much later. Your ancestors were the ones who did the royal screwing. But they didn't have to feel guilty about it. It was the way of the world. Who knows what the first so-called Native Americans found when they migrated here from who knows where for whatever reason--being screwed there or because they were chased away because they were screwing others. Or because they just sought a better life.

And when they continued their trek into here it wasn't a great kumbaya between the old and new "natives." There were fights over territory which continued for centuries and the more advanced developed civilizations that had to be protected from or prey upon other "native" populations, and various religious and superstitious rituals including human sacrifice and tribal wars were normal. It's far more complex than the evil white man screwing the innocent red one meme. But there was undoubtedly some or a lot of that.

You're entitled to feel guilty for the sins of your ancestors. I don't want any part of that. My ancestors were screwed over for centuries, but I'm sure they weren't completely innocent. And I can neither hold a grudge over it nor even care about it. It's all that water under the bridge thing. The past has its important lessons, from which we better learn, and provides the pleasure of studying it. But I'm focused mostly on doing the best I can in today's world.

Hey, maybe the ancestors of the "Native" Americans should feel lucky that an advanced civilization saved them from the short hard life of scrounging for food and from the ravages of disease and age that the amenities of the modern world affords them.

I'm just joking. That sense of humor thing. It would be interesting, though, if the tribes that live on reservations actually reverted to the ancient ways and lived off the land without the aid modern technology. I believe their lives would be more "meaningful" than the lives of most Americans today. But it would be a LOT tougher for them, and most would probably want todays American conveniences with an infusion of their version of old beliefs, customs, and rituals. Of course, if all the old tribes made a comeback and lived as they used to, there would probably be a lot of wars among each other to spice up the tough harsh life.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #21
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Are you saying that the illegals are not "stealing jobs"? Isn't the mantra for encouraging low paid illegals that they'll do the work that Americans won't? (Actually, the correct phraseology is "the work that Americans used to do" . . . you know . . . back in the day . . . when values were different and the safety net was not as generous.)

To sum up what you've said so far in you're response to the actual object and subject of this thread (the article I posted):

Why must you be such an extremist? Nobody, except you, is saying "no one." Nor is anyone "looking for" a disregard of 100% of due process. Maybe you think extreme statements strengthen your argument? Actually, they weaken it--makes it look phony.

Again you love stating things that are not there "some give the impression.. as if no one gets deported " if your not 1 of the Sum to whom I refer move on ... but clearly you haven't been listening to Trump prior to the election ..
Trump made immigration one of his highest-profile issues, saying he’d create a “special deportation task force” Mass-scale deportations would upend parts of the economy, particularly in the agricultural sector, costing the government billions of dollars at a time of constrained finances. The wall would make a political statement but would do little to stop a major portion of new arrivals


You're OK with the creation of sanctuary states.


Let the people decide Vote

You're OK with illegals remaining here and having fraudulent ID. they have had them for generations nothing new.. so have high school kids to get in to bars ..





You're OK with states, rather than the Federal Government, having the power to decide who resides in their territory, and so being able to challenge or disregard any Federal Executive Order which conflicts with a state's desire in that manner.

states rights thought conservatives where all about that

You're OK with open borders, or no borders, with having an undefined country and undefined laws. imaginary conclusion by you

And You're not OK with corporations and banks "fleecing America" except You're OK with that in California because it helps to create a great GDP.
another imaginary conclusion by you

Explains the "reasoning" behind a lot of your posts. And why you rag on Trump every day.
Sadly I am not ragging on Trump I have not posted imaginary things I just have posted actual events and statements I haven't posted about the Yemen Raid

So your not in support of all those thing ok whats your point ? that your right ... ?


this is what I said: As for Immigration both legal and illegal I dont take the Chicken little approach as many Trump supporters Take.. you get caught you get deported its called due process.... but if your ok with no due process that on you

but please Keep making things up .. and finding hidden messages in my post.. and please most of all keep supporting Trump at all cost's its telling

some give the impression.. as if no one gets deported

Last edited by wdmso; 02-14-2017 at 03:54 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #22
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch
Why must you be such an extremist? Nobody, except you, is saying "no one." Nor is anyone "looking for" a disregard of 100% of due process. Maybe you think extreme statements strengthen your argument? Actually, they weaken it--makes it look phony.

wdmso:Again you love stating things that are not there "some give the impression.. as if no one gets deported "if your not 1 of the Sum to whom I refer move on ...

What was not there was the "some." Who are the "some"? I have not heard of someone saying that "no one" is being deported. And if you sense an "impression" that "some" are saying that, it's not that the "some" are actually saying that or "giving" you anything other than what they actually say. "Some" are not "giving" you that impression, you are construing the impression in your own head.

wdmso:but clearly you haven't been listening to Trump prior to the election ..
Trump made immigration one of his highest-profile issues, saying he’d create a “special deportation task force” Mass-scale deportations

Is this an example of "some" saying "no one" is being deported? And, clearly, you haven't been listening to everything Trump said at various times including now, that he would start with the criminals. And would get to other as needed later.

wdmso:would upend parts of the economy, particularly in the agricultural sector, costing the government billions of dollars at a time of constrained finances. The wall would make a political statement but would do little to stop a major portion of new arrivals

The deportations are not en masse. They will be gradual. You aren't saying that deporting criminals will upend the economy, are you? And the expense of maintaining a permissive illegal alien policy is costing the government billions of dollars as it is. You're not looking at net/net. Just repeating hysterical talking points. His overall economic plan, including immigration policy as part of it, is forcasted by more optimistic (conservative?) economists to improve the economy . . . and therefor to create government revenue. If the wall helps a bit, and there is only conjecture that it won't help much, that's a plus. Anyway, the Congress mandated the wall to be built before Trump was elected. And the People voted on the premise that it would finally be built. If your the proponent on letting the people vote, as you've said, well, they did.

You're OK with the creation of sanctuary states.

wdmso:Let the people decide Vote

the people voted long ago. They decided that immigration was a Federal Exectutive domain. The President has the power to decide who can enter and stay in this country. Not the states.

You're OK with illegals remaining here and having fraudulent ID.

wdmso:they have had them for generations nothing new.. so have high school kids to get in to bars ..

As I said, you're OK with illegals remaining here and having fraudulent ID.

You're OK with states, rather than the Federal Government, having the power to decide who resides in their territory, and so being able to challenge or disregard any Federal Executive Order which conflicts with a state's desire in that manner.

wdmso:states rights thought conservatives where all about that

Conservatives are all about state's rights as given in the Constitution. For good or for bad, settled constitutional law gives the President, not the states the power to decide which aliens are allowed into this country.

You're OK with open borders, or no borders, with having an undefined country and undefined laws.

wdmso:imaginary conclusion by you

And You're not OK with corporations and banks "fleecing America" except You're OK with that in California because it helps to create a great GDP.


wdmso:another imaginary conclusion by you

I "imagined" the conclusion from the things you have been saying in this thread. And I pointed out how I came to that conclusion from your words. You have not shown how my "imagination" is wrong.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-14-2017 at 08:45 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com